manga drawings

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Danny

Post by Danny »

Well here they there are. I got them on this topic with help from Sheexy who helped me post them. If you're a ToP (Tales of Phantasia) fan you'll notice that the characters and there names are based from it. I didn't make it exacly the same, I changed a lot in my manga like towns, characters and the story. I also made a character who looks like a combo between Arche and Mint. But I kept the name Arche since I like it better. Anyways, here they are. Tell me if you can't see the scans well or at all. I'll fix it with some help from Sheexy.

Kless: The main character of my manga and a noble young knight of a kingdom which was shortly destroyed in the story by Zeon's demons. Kless swore to defeat Zeon the king of all Devils and his dark evil servents after seeing all of his country men slain in combat. Kless knew that he would stop at nothing to slay Zeon and his servents after he saw both of his parents also slain along with the other people by the demons. With nothing left for him here, he left his destroyed kingdom and set off on his long journy.

Klarth: Klarth is met by Kless in the middle of a battle with one of Zeon's devils. After defeating him, Klarth decides to join Kless in his journy. He also informs Kless that he is studying the art of summoning. Klarth adds a lot to the group and story as he tells Kless about the Mana sword, the ten spirits of this world and there ten runes with house there power inside.

Arche: A young pristess who had her small home village also destoryed by Zeon's demons a lot like what happened to Kless. The group find her minorly hurt under some rubble from a destoryed building. She tells them that there people could not fight againt the demons because there were all healers. At first kless does not want to let her join the group and just wants to drop her off at a near by town, but Klarth points out to him that would not be a wise idea since any of the near by towns could also be attacked at any time by Zeon's demons. She starts telling Kless about the jewal of light and dark which the prist of light in Wendal has as his pulling her arm to take her to a near by town. As Kless soon lets go after hearing this, she also tells them that Zeon is after them and if he gets them, he will fully regeneate fully. Klarth convices Kless soon after to accept her in there group after hearing the information she has about Zeon and learning that she can use healing magic which is a huge benifit to them.

Ok, I'm done for now, but I'll try to get more of my manga asap, but I think that I'll do that later since I have a lot of work. That and I also want to let Sheexy rest a little bit as well. So how did everyone like it? Any comments or suggestions? And I know that I used some stuff from a lot of other games. I put my caracters in order to: Kless, Klarth and Arche. The same way I wrote about them. Enjoy! There's more to come later on.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Sounds like you're mixing a bunch of different games into one.

The top two pictures sorta remind me of Dragon Ball Z looking stuff, the picture of Arche doesn't match them that much, trying out a new style with her? Her hair looks awesome, I wish I could draw hair like that, I suck at drawing hair.

What'd you draw them all in? Pencil = win you know.

Maybe on your next drawings pay a little more attention to anatomy, though it looks like you've got it down with Arche there. Did you use something as reference when you drew her? Drawing from reference is a good thing to do until you are able to get all of your proportions down pat.

On a side note, notice how nearly all parties have three people? I find this interesting.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I drawed Kless and Klarth with a fountain blue pen and Arche with a normal black pen. I wanted to draw Arche different since well she's a girl. You have to pay more attention when you draw girls. Can't draw them to bulk or thin. I have some figues of the ToP characters, so I used that for reference when I drew her. The other two were kind of easy to draw so I didn't need any reference. Thanks for the tips Sheexy.

I was thinking of adding a 4th caracter like in ToP, but I think that three are fine and I don't have any more good ideas. This makes me want to play Top on hard mode again for the 3rd time.

On a different note, I'm almost done drawing my manga. To post more drawings, I have to re-draw them on paper since my drawing notebook is to large and think.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Wow, they look great! You've got alot of skill, wish I could draw like that. XD
Mark
BuzzBee

Post by Mark »

I draw a bit myself, the top 2 are not as good as the 3rd
you have alot of talent it's amazing

I still need to learn how to do bodies and proportions
Danny

Post by Danny »

Thanks, I guess that I was more careful when drawing her. I said the same thing to Sheexy. There not that hard to draw once you get the hang of it. Before I started my manga, I couldn't draw anything right.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Wow! Nicely done, Danny!

I love Arche's outfit and Kless' hair :) Nice detail to "Arche" :P

Unfortunately, my introduction to ToP was the Gameboy Advanced port, which I could not stand, and traded it for CoM so I don't have as much love for the game as much you folks do.

Still, the Anime rocked and I love the idea of sort of fusing Arche and Mint into one character. You have very cool charaters. The manga is gonna be awesome to read! :)

I draw too, although not as much and nowhere good enough to post here :D, and it took me forever to learn how to draw proportions right! うはwwwwww
Danny

Post by Danny »

Thank you Marini and I'm glad that you finally got to see my manga drawings. I'll try to add more drawings from my manga once I finish it.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Thanks, Danny.

Like I said, I'll let you know (through e-mail, since I don't want to cause any problems) when I can. Because I work everyday almost all day, I don't have the time to play as much I used to. Plus, my computer may not be able to render the graphics properly. So I'll carefully consider it. :)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Wanted to say I really like the third one, a lot of detail went into the hair especially. The style reminds me a bit of some anime series around the times of the first Saint Seiya. It's one thing I've never been much good at, drawing. Got any more material online?
Last edited by Kassidy on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I thank you on the comments about my manga drawings. Yes, I did sort of make them like Dbz and Saint Seiya, as well as some other animes since I love many of them. I'll try to get more of my manga drawings posted on this fourm with Sheexy's help, but it's going to take a long time with finishing it, scanning, post and then finally writing about them.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

Aaah Tales of Phantasia, my favourite game ever~. I've never seen anyone do what you're doing here, but I like it, mainly how you've put the characters in different situations and put some Secret of Mana in there.
Just a few things about the plot I'd like to know, ok so, Klarth joins Kless after both of them defeating some of Zeon's devils. Why does Klarth join him? Everyone always has some kind of drive behind what they're doing. I just hope you do have Klarth wanting something deeper then to just help out. Also, why is Klarth muscly if he studies summoning? He almost seems to be even more muscly then Kless who uses swords and physically trains etc.

I love how you've done the Arche/Mint thing, her outfit is a really pretty design.
I hope I dont come off as mean, I'm just trying to help :)
Danny

Post by Danny »

I'll get a few enemy sketches soon and I hope that they will turn out ok!
Note: All of my 3 main characters are human. And My Arche is not half Elf like ToP's Arche. She does have a few fighting spells, but mostly healing and support.

@Andyhello: Nah, I know that you're not coming off mean. Anyways, Klarth joins Kless because they want to rid the world of evil. Seeing how strong Kless was, he joins his company. Being a summoner, that was his plan along. Klarth looks stronger then Kless because his older.:)

Ok, here are the ages. Kless: 19 Klarth: 23 Arche: 17
I tryed to make there ages as close to how they were in ToP.^_^
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey there,

Nice job with the female's hair! :) 'Tis all quite nice, indeed!

Peace,

manaman
Danny

Post by Danny »

Thanks manaman! My older sister helped me to draw her since I wasen't sure how to. She showed me how the body form and details should be on her then I did the body by looking off a anime models of my sister's. As for the guys, they were easier to draw so I didn't need a model or help with drawing that. I'll get some enemy and boss sketches too in a short while.