I am Error.

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Yeah, so... nearly every time I click on Index, nowadays (any link *within* the forum, that is) I get a "not-found" message. The only place this isn't true is from the main site - the load time isn't horrible, but it's a little disruptive. Has this been reported before?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

not sure what you mean. i havent encountered this problem
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I was having problems with that link. It seems to have fixed itself today, but if I encounter it again, I'll take a screenie that shows the error message I got before.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I never encountered this problem either. Some times I got a error message on some other things when it took to long to load and I had to many programs opened. Try resarting your computer daily and close all programs when using the web until it's fixed. That should do it, if not get some computer or internet help.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

*speechless*

*recovers* Anyway, I haven't had that specific error happen, but I have had occasions when the page has taken a long time to load and has done so without accessing the CSS info. I just put it down to weblag.
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

When was the last time you cleaned out computer stuffs? I like to keep my system in top shape, so everything gets overhauled monthly. If you haven't done any of that in a while, maybe there's just too much clutter?
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

If you mean a defrag, I did that a few months back. It still takes several hours, so I don't do it often. But I have recently been going and cleaning out most of my junk (80% of my hard drive is free space; the hard drive here came with 90GB) that I no longer need.

I don't just have that problem at home, either, so I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the site; whenever I come to the main page of the forum, I just put in "www.seikens.com/board/". The link has all of that, but the link goes to "seikens.com/board/index.php" and all it really needs is just what I use to get there manually, as far as I know.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

*tilt's head like a puppy-dog who you just made a high-pitched noise to*

o_O

I didn't bother reading most of the stuff in here, but I read the last comment you made there J.
If your not having the problem at home, only your workstation (I'm assuming this is a computer at work, or the like)... then I would recommend you try switching web browsers and see if that makes any difference if this is a continuing persistent problem.

I personally have NEVER had a problem what-so-ever when I click that link.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

It's actually my home computer that has this problem the most (no problems since the first post, though... hmm).

When I'm at my friend's place, it happens less often, but it's still a problem. And yeah, I hadn't thought about it, but both computers use IE.

'Course, I have no other web browsers, and it'd be somewhat of a pain to download another. But I guess I'll see about it. Thanks for the help. :D