Seikens IRC channel?

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Hey!

What about a Seikens IRC channel? For better communication between Seikens users I set up an IRC channel: #seikens on irc.quakenet.org (irc.quakenet.org/seikens)

"IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is an Internet chat system. It is designed to allow many people from around the world to have conversations together, but it can also be used to have private one-on-one conversations.

The IRC chat rooms are on servers and they are also called IRC channels. There are small IRC servers (for example, OperaNet) to medium IRC servers (freenode and DalNet, which have about 30k users) and big IRC servers (for example, EFNet, UnderNet, which have overs 100k users).

An IRC client is needed to use IRC...
" ( by simple english wikipedia )

There are many IRC clients:
* Chatzilla for all Mozilla browsers (addon)
* BitchX for Windows and Linux (standalone)
* mIRC for Windows (standalone)
* many Instant Messengers like Miranda IM, Gaim or Trillian are able to connect to the IRC network, too.

If asked for, I'll set up a javascript client. If anybody knows a better server than Quakenet please tell me :D As long nobody does, I'll stay in the channel #seikens on irc.quakenet.org.

Short IRC tutorial
After you've installed your preferred IRC client ( my choice is Chatzilla ) connect to irc.quakenet.org. If you don't find any menu option 'Connect', enter

Code: Select all

/server irc.quakenet.org
and press [ENTER].

Now your client should start connecting and a long text ( the Message Of The Day ). Join the channel by entering:

Code: Select all

/join #seikens
. To chat simply enter your message ;-)

More:
* /nick YOURNICKNAME changes your nickname into YOURNICKNAME. Be aware that many nicknames are already registered
* To send somebody a private message: /msg NICKNAME MESSAGE, e.g. /msg ko0pa hi dude!
* To register the nickname you have chosen, follow the steps Q tells you after entering: /msg Q HELP hello

For more help visit irchelp.org

greetings, koopa ( Quakenet nickname: ko0pa )
Last edited by koopa on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

A chat defeats the purpose of having this forum imo.
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

what would be really cool is if we had our own team speak server, then we could connect, and using ZSNES's online feature, we could have a race of teams of three playing SD3... hehehe... I rhymed... I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.... lmao.....I'll stop now....
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Enslaven00bs wrote:A chat defeats the purpose of having this forum imo.
No, a chat is meant to replace the missing PM function.
Hero of Spirits wrote:what would be really cool is if we had our own team speak server, then we could connect, and using ZSNES's online feature, we could have a race of teams of three playing SD3...
Yeah, that's a brilliant idea :D If some more request it, i'll organise a TS-Server/Channel
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

SD3 only supports two players I thought. SoM supports three, but I recall that they cut the third in SD3.
Danny

Post by Danny »

That snes idea is awesome, but won't there be people who will want to control different characters and what about choosing the main character? Class changes will be easy since everyone picks there own class for there own character.

It's a great idea so I'll support it too. This is going to be great once it works! One other thing, wouldn't we have to have a time when we go to our snes to play and what about if someone is busy that day or time and can't play?

Hmm, I guess that we'll just have to think and talk about it more before we try it. Good luck guys! I'll help try to help in any way possible.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

There is a three player hack for SD3, mentioned in another thread.

As for making a race out of it, I think the only really viable way of doing this would be for groups of three people to try and just do the best actual gameplay time.

As for an IRC channel, to be honest, I think we have enough communication via the board. Also IRC tends to be far too time critical and the conversation is rarely productive. Just my two cents.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I have been getting on the irc channel just for kicks, but there is never anyone there.
I think we might be a bit too small for something like this, haha, but it is a cool idea.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I agree with Sheexy and Kassidy on that, but we can always try. In the end, as the starcraft ghost says, "call the shot". Meaning that you guys can call the final "shot".
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I've got no problem with a Seikens IRC channel, but... organizing to play games? Only if I magically get hooked up with cable...

Though that 3-player hack does make it mighty tempting...