Bestiary Update

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

ImageHere there be more monsters!Image

Basilisks, Grell, Mimics and Sahagin can now be found in the Bestiary. I have also added the Japanese names of Secret of Mana enemies to the list of monsters, but only if they were different. Also, if I couldn't figure out what the Japanese name was I put the translated Katakana after the name as well as (J?) so that maybe someone can help me figure them out.

Enjoy people!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

How many more are there?
The list is sure growing each week
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Great job!! :-)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Misc Guy wrote:How many more are there?
The list is sure growing each week
There is going to be a page for each enemy group in the Seiken Densetsu series.

Here is a list of a few I have yet to do:

Werewolves, Bats, Bees, Flowers, Cones, Ghosts, Springballs, Chess Knights, Sea Dragons, Scorpions, Kimono Birds, Cockatrice family, Tomato Men family, Gas Clouds, Crawlers and family, living objects (swords, chairs, dolls, books, etc.), Pumpkins, Zombies, Mages, Demons, Pakkun Family.

Then I've gotta put the rest of the enemies into something like "Ungrouped FFA enemies" "Ungrouped SoM enemies" and such for each game, putting in the enemies that only showed up in that game.

Still have all the bosses to do. The non recurring ones will go into the Ungrouped sections, but stuff like Godbeasts, Axe beaks, Mantis Ant and stuff will have their own page.

This is gonna be a huge thing. :-)

We're going to need a better index page, got any ideas Dekky?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

There are a lot of monsters in Children of Mana that are not listed.(e.g http://www.seikens.com/bestiary-chibidevil.html)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Enslaven00bs wrote:There are a lot of monsters in Children of Mana that are not listed.(e.g http://www.seikens.com/bestiary-chibidevil.html)
Both Imps and Gremlins made a return in SwoM and CoM.
I just included little bits about their names in the main summary of the enemies.
I chose to do it this way because I don't have sprites for any of them, and none of them were developed in SwoM and CoM, they were just there for you to kill.

Later when I get sprites for them I might add SwoM and CoM sections, but right now I'm just focusing on the games that introduced the enemies and fleshed them out.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Ok that makes sense.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I think the list can be made into a table for a better listing
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hmm, I would also say that some kind of table should also be made. Anyways, great work Sheexy and keep it up! I can't seems to find any good mana monsters on the web so I'll have to take snapshots of them when I'm playing. I'll try to get good ones. I'll continue searching for them tell you if I got any Sheexy.