TMNT 90's Cartoon

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Man...Im watching my friend's recordings of the old TV show, commercials included...

Words cannot describe the amount of nostalgia Im feeling right now...not to mention, Im feeling so old...
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

those mutant freaks :D
I liked those when I was younger, today they kinda look lame
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I would agree with you, but that show was part of my childhood.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Is the 90s one the newest one? I don't like that one as much as the really old one.

I grew up with the old 80s one, and man, I wanna watch that stuff again. So good.
Turtles were my favorite animal when I was little, so that show was perfect for me. It is probably where I got my interest in Ninjas too, although, I guess they weren't very Ninja like. But whatever.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

There was the one that started in 87 and one in 2003. I still have a VHS of the 87 series somewhere.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Okay, it was the 87 one...

But yeah...My friends and I were watching that and feeling so old...hell we even watched Mighty Max and the american cartoon of Megaman...
Last edited by Duran on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Sweet, you've got the good one then. :D

Man, the fact you have commercials with it is equally awesome, gives a nice perspective to what was going on back in those crazy days.

Have you seen the episode where the eyeball from the Technodrone goes into the Sewers and visits/spies on the turtles? I swear there was an episode like that, but whenever I mention it my friends act like they've never heard of it.

How did that series end anyways? Did it just stop abruptly like so many other series?
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Sheexy wrote:Sweet, you've got the good one then. :D

Man, the fact you have commercials with it is equally awesome, gives a nice perspective to what was going on back in those crazy days.

Have you seen the episode where the eyeball from the Technodrone goes into the Sewers and visits/spies on the turtles? I swear there was an episode like that, but whenever I mention it my friends act like they've never heard of it.

How did that series end anyways? Did it just stop abruptly like so many other series?
I saw 2-3 episodes. One was the episode where Shredder becomes Michealangelo, another was the dino world underground, and one about the REX robotic cop. Good times.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

From wiki
The TMNT originated in an American comic book published by Mirage Studios in 1984.
I have watched several episodes of the original series, the one from 1987. but i hardly remember anything from it

BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

I'm really nostalgic when it comes to cartoons from when I was growing up, and all the excellent Saturday Morning and after school blocks on syndicate channels....whatever happened to those good times :(

In memory, I decided to download both 2 seasons of "Swat Kats", another one of my favorite shows when I was a little kid.

But yeah, I miss TMNT. I still have a cereal bowl with all 4 of them on it from when I was a kid. I guard that thing with my life, because it's the only part I still have of the whole dish/silverwear set I got when I was 4.
Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul »

TMNT is a part of my childhood too. I remember that i loved the red one, Raphael, because he have the same name as me. :P

Here in my country, i watched the 80's show (but it was showed in 90's), the live-action version, and the movies too. About this last one, the most popular TV channel still pass Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (they like to repeat the same movies over and over again in the afternoon).
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Whats nice is that a lot of these shows are being released on DVD like Thundercats, Voltron, Zelda, Cops: The animated series, Captain N' The Game Master, and even the Super Mario Bros Super Show (Im still looking for those).

As you know, the 80's TMNT series has also been released on DVD, as well as all 3 movies in a boxed set (Last I checked, the movie boxed set was around $15 US).
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey Duran,

I actually have a store-bought VHS that has two episodes of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. One is of Mario finding Aladdin's lamp and they play the great Steppenwolf song in the background. I remember singing karaoke to that song at a county fair after getting the video.

Anyway, "C'mon eveybody--let's do the Mario,"

manaman
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I remembered a good chunk of that theme song, and after buying the Zelda Cartoon on DVD, the rest flooded back to my head.

and Deques...I still remember that entire theme song...I feel so freaking old...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Aww man, I used to always try to wake up early to catch Mario and Sonic shows, I barely ever got to see those, but I loved them so much.

Zelda sucked.
Sucked sucked sucked.

Well excuse me Princess.