Procras... eh, I'll write the rest later.

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Seriously people, what is up with procrastination?

I have two final exams tomorrow and I have been drawing pictures, taking stupid pictures (you'll see them on the Wednesday update :D )checking out Kassidy's new Soundtrack section, trying to commit the FFA script to memory (the parts I don't already know XD) and doing laundry.
Well, maybe that last one might not count as procrastination, but anyways.

Do you have trouble with procrastination?

I used to have tons of trouble with it. I mean, it took me three years to finally make the FFA page, but that seemed to break my streak of putting stuff off (just look at all the new updates I've done). But when it comes to big things like exams and essays and such I just can't get myself to sit down and do them.
I work pretty good in a rush, but it isn't the best thing to do...

So, anyone got any good methods of getting down and doing business instead of putting stuff off?

...tination. :P
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

Dude, i have a major problem with procrastination also!!
I dont know any methods or such, because im still having trouble with mine, heh.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm afraid I can't help you with that one. Back in my school days I only ever studied the night before an exam... sometimes I'd leave until the break before the exam and cram the whole thing into half an hour. How I managed to get straight A's I do not know 'til this day...
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah, I've also got an exam next week and I can't seem to study for it at all. Actually, it's in a few days from now and I still don't feel like studying for it. I just get bored and fall asleep or start doing something else when trying to study.

Er, I don't really have any methods of help since I usally also start drawing or playing seiken games when I try to study. Maybe we'll get some tips here.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I fight procrastination every day. Even now, I'm suppose to be getting read for work tomorrow an I'm listening to HoM sound bites (typing this :P) instead! l o l

When I was in college, every time I had a mid-term or a final I starting drawing, working on my novel, or feeding my digital pets, putting off the much needed studying. It almost never failed.

The only advice I can offer is what I think finally got through to my head:

In terms of studying, I use to just think how much it would total suck and be embarrassing if I failed a midterm or a final and then my GPA would plummet. Or worse, I'd have to take the class over, which could delay my graduation! Not a pretty picture. And college costs way too much. Better to hit the books than have that worry.

As for general all around procrastination, I'm still working on that... :D

*Runs to get her clothes out for work*
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

I have a brand new hard drive that has been sitting gathering dust for the last 2 months because I am too lazy/busy to put it in. I am the Epitome of procrastination when it comes to schoolwork though.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

I've got some papers to be working on, but quite frankly, I'm being creative and hanging out with friends. Sometimes I think procrastination is not the right word. In cases where something you're doing might be more important than what you "should" be doing. For instance, perhaps all your creative outlets today, Sheexy, is really what you should be doing even though studying is what you "should" be doing. Follow me? I hope that's clear.

Yours in procrastination,

manaman
Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul »

I have the same problem. I only studied a night before the exam too. :-)

This happens even in things that i like. The remake of my favorite anime series is complete subbed and I only downloaded half of it. I already have the torrent file on my pc, but i am still procrastinating a mouse click...
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

I can't say I procrastinate.

Its waiting till the last second.

I don't do it at all.

meh...
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah,

Elazul, I can relate--even art and music gets put on the back-burner for me at times. :(

Peace,

manaman