[SD3] All guy team

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

My last team was an All gal team, which was really difficult to play with. The enemies did high damage on my team and I couldnt survive long until I got first class change. But that didnt help much

Here is the topic

Now I got an All guy team. I got carried away when I ripped Duran's sprite sheet. So I am playing SD3 again. My main is Duran, second Kevin and last Hawkeye.

So, what path is recommended? Which class is optimized for my team?

Hmm.. seeing my class information, i really should make it better
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Duran should be a Sword Master so you can get all those crazy Sabres to cast around. Since everyone has pretty awesome attacks that'll be your main strength, just Melee people to death.

Take Kevin to be a Warrior Monk, that way you can use a multi-cast Heal Light on the team, he's gonna be your only healer, he should more than cover you though. He'll mostly just be a fast attacker for Duran to throw stuff onto though.

And just to mix things up, make Hawkeye into a Wanderer.
I've never messed around with Hawks light classes, but I think with this team you could have some fun with this class.

Hawk's Counter Magic will protect your team from magic spells, since they're all a bit weaker to that than the girls.
He can toss Energy Balls to everyone to increase their critical like crazy (If you have the rom where they fixed the critical stats anyways, in the normal game they're kinda screwed up) and you can also throw out some Aura Waves to fill your tech bar up.
You'll flippin' romp the enemies!

Not to mention you have all those annoying status effects with him. Drop their HP by half, change them into shell hunters, put them to sleep. It could be fun!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I was planning on making Duran into either Duelist or Sword Master. But the later one seems to be better, it got one more spell.

Kevin is already deadplanned to my only healer. So choosing a path for him isnt gonna be
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Deques wrote:I was planning on making Duran into either Duelist or Sword Master. But the later one seems to be better, it got one more spell.
Sword Master gets to multicast four of those spells. :-D

Plus Dark Sabre is largely useless.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Kevin as a Warrior Monk rules. Leaf Blade makes the game too easy.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

With this team you get Duran and Kevin with Leaf Sabre, so it is twice the win Deques!

Now I really wanna use this team XD
On my next playthrough I'm totally gonna do this.
Lampflower
Mushboom

Post by Lampflower »

A 3 girls team means that you had two casters to look after? That must have bean a challenge.

I'll second everyone about Warrior Monk Kevin, he makes a great healer and fighter. And a healer with very good HP is a plus.
I'm not very familiar with Duran's classes since he wasn't part of my original team; but I remember that Hawkeye was quite reliable as a NPC since his stats are balanced and his normal attacks are decent.. You could control Kevin while fighting a boss if necessary and let the other two be the damage dealers.

Personally, I found Nightblade Hawkeye quite fun to control, not to mention that the Nightblade's character design is amazing :) (minus the fact that he wears pink.. it's way too bright). Since you don't have Angela in this team, his elemental skills might be useful against those annoying flying monsters.
Last edited by Lampflower on Wed May 23, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

It seems that All Guy Team is the most powerful team in SD3. The game is easier than All Girl Team. I dont use as many Candies as the Girl team did.
Jia Li Labyrinth
Lullabud

Post by Jia Li Labyrinth »

My try with the All Guys team is Nightblade Hawk, Dervish Kevin, and Paladin Duran. All of them had powerful weapon attatcks :D I simply loved messing up the enemies with Nightblade. Duran can only heal one at a time, but his Light Sabre is sweeeeeeet XD Kevin, on the other, just hack, hack, and hack.

Though I personally don't find the All Girls team that bad. I actually had fun with them the last time I played them.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Jia Li Labyrinth wrote:My try with the All Guys team is Nightblade Hawk, Dervish Kevin, and Paladin Duran. All of them had powerful weapon attatcks :D I simply loved messing up the enemies with Nightblade. Duran can only heal one at a time, but his Light Sabre is sweeeeeeet XD Kevin, on the other, just hack, hack, and hack.
I had the same all guy team. I've played with both and I'll have to agree with Deques that the all guy team is a bit better then the all girl team. It depends how you use them, but the all guy team seems to be better in melee combat and magic. But then again the all girl team is better in some other magic areas... I still prefer the all guy ream, but I usally play with a mix of them.

My classic team of Duran (paliden), Angela (Grand Divina) and Hawkeye (Nightblade) in that order. It seems like a very well balanced team. It's the best group I ever ever had. I won't into why here because I don't want to go off topic and becasue I've already stated why in another topic.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

@Sheexy, Re: Hawk as Wanderer

One of the downsides to the Wanderer class (and, iirc, the Rogue class) is that he lacks a full-screen 3rd-level ST (his Ranger ST is fullscreen). So you'll be stuck with one guy dealing "meh" damage compared to the 2 heavy-hitters of the game. It won't matter that much in boss battles, but you might find his performance against grunts lacking.
Jia Li Labyrinth
Lullabud

Post by Jia Li Labyrinth »

Magus_Melchior wrote:@Sheexy, Re: Hawk as Wanderer

One of the downsides to the Wanderer class (and, iirc, the Rogue class) is that he lacks a full-screen 3rd-level ST (his Ranger ST is fullscreen). So you'll be stuck with one guy dealing "meh" damage compared to the 2 heavy-hitters of the game. It won't matter that much in boss battles, but you might find his performance against grunts lacking.
True, Wanderer has the weakest weapons attatcks out of Hawk's classes. I personally don't see a problem in that though; this team already has two of the strongest melee characters anyways. You can always have Hawk support the other guys with his Half Vanish, Poison Bubbles, and Aura Wave XD Besides, they will be facing off Koren later on, and Hawk's Counter Magic will render him helpless (Okay, so it won't work agains Ancient, but it will reflect most of the spells.)
Last edited by Jia Li Labyrinth on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karl Valda
Rabite

Post by Karl Valda »

Duelist, God Hand, Nightblade.

3x FST + Aura Wave. Healing, Jutsu Debuffing, Shurikens, Elemental Sabers. 3 Hard Hitters.

MT Heal Light of Warrior Monk is overrated. You can get by with ST Heal Light and Poto Oil throwing if you don't play like an idiot. With healing you don't need Moon Saber.

At night, Kevin's Golden Wolf + Pressure Point will hit very hard perhaps even harder than Dervish's Wolf.

You don't need MT sabers, you don't really need to save mana or casting time. It may get a bit annoying when fighting God Beast Dangaard because the casted sabers will be gone after every screen change. But it's still manageable.

You don't need MT Jutsus, because Ninja Master's best partner is Star Lancer.

----------

All girl team is harder, but still manageable. Lise should be Star Lancer, cast mind up at the start of every battle. Carlie should be either Evil Shaman or Necromancer, depends if you like Demon Breath or Black Curse. Finally Angela nukes. Any of Angela's final class is fine. When encountering deadly enemies such as Bloody Wolves who have lethal FST immediately summon Marduke to silence them.