Sheexy draws some junk

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Blaaaaaaaaah've been in such an artistic slump, but I think I'm finally getting over it.

So I sketched some stuff up and you can see them here. First I sketched them in my notebook and then I scanned them in and fixed them up on the computer.

:hof:Hey it is some girl that I done made up, maybe she is a mage or something?

This picture took ages because of that stupid hand and the fact that I haven't seriously tried drawing a human in way too long. I swear, I spent an hour and 30 minutes trying out different poses for that hand, none of them worked except this, and it makes her look really cocky and smug XD
Probably took around 30 minutes to do, outlining took maybe 45 because I had to make up the clothes, which are kinda weird, but I'll pretend she is a mage?

The touchups I did to it make it look really cool.

That background looks really nice in my opinion. I never draw backgrounds, so I am proud of that one. Took five minutes amazingly XD

:hof:Hey it is a drawing of some Cactus dude.

This picture only took 30 minutes to finish up?! I guess I am better at cactus people than real people?

So this guy is part of a cactus race I made up for a story I wanna do in comic form. They kinda worship paper, so they attach any scrolls or sheets or whatever they can find to themselves. As kids they look like Barrel Cacti, but as they grow they get less stout and grow arms.
This one is probably like 20 years old and 12 feet tall. The oldest ones can be like 30 feet or so.
They can't walk very fast, but they can pop into the ground and pop up somewhere else really fast. As they grow older they lose that ability, and eventually they stop moving altogether and they just kinda sit there as living archives.

That flower on top turned out so cool I think.

Also if you've got a DA thing totally tell me, mine is right :hof:here. Then we can be DA buddies or something, also you can go look at my other drawings I have there. Probably not that many but whatever.

Danny, since you're always wanting to upload pictures you should totally use Deviant Art.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey there Sheexy,

Totally excellent work! I love the concept of the cactus people and would like to see the story fleshed out in a comic. I'm artofmana on DA. I haven't been bothered to actually upload anything on there yet, but I think the time will come. I'll leave the adding/buddies thing to you since, even though I've had this account for a few months, I still don't know much about the site.

Peace,

manaman

PS: For the sake helpful criticism, I just wanted to point out that the mage's left arm appears to bulk up too much as it goes behind her back. Also, her shoulders could be a bit broader. In some ways, it seems her waist is smaller than he forearms! ;) Still, I only offer this since I think you'd do the same for me. :)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Doi, failed foreshortening and a weird arm/clothes position are to blame for those.
I got so tired of redrawing those XD
I accidentally deleted my copy of the touched up one, so when I go back to make another I'll fix up those problems.

Thanks for the comments!

Went ahead and nabbed you on DA.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Great drawings Sheexy! The pencil drawings followed by the computer colour and background looked like a nice step by step sort of thing which was nice. I was also going to join some sites like that, but I'm too lazy and nor do I have the time with all my work.

I'll just stick with my favorite site, the seikens. Anyways, I can't wait to see those awesome thursday comics when you get the time Sheexy! Nice work and great drawings once again!
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

XD absolutely great sheexy!
The cactus person looks awesome!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sheexy wrote:Danny, since you're always wanting to upload pictures you should totally use Deviant Art.
Yeah, I saw that site before, I'll think about joining it when I finished some more of my manga sketches. I still have to get those enemy sketches in. Thanks for the tip Sheexy, I'll keep it in mind.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Danny wrote:Yeah, I saw that site before, I'll think about joining it when I finished some more of my manga sketches.
Yeah, you can always upload them there and link to them here, that way you can get the images online when you need to and you don't have to wait around for me.

Thanks for the comments Whc and Danny!
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Awesome drawings Sheexy!

I like the cactus dude the best! ^_^ and comic sounds like a great idea.

I'm marinacascade on dA.
Not much there except my writing and my poor attempt at drawing ^-^;

Sheexy and Manaman, I added you both :-D
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Marini wrote:Sheexy and Manaman, I added you both :-D
Wheeee!

Now I'm really going to have to post some artwork. Eventually. Maybe quite soon.

See you soon,

manaman