Vertical Shooter Sprites

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

I was bored at work so started to sketch some sprites for a vertical shooter. Here are the ones I have started.

Eye Glig

Marnt

Hither Dragon

A faked Screenshot :)

Comments are appreciated, I my or may not make more, I just did these for fun, none are animated yet.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

That looks fun. I like the idea of using a dragon for the main character. So many of these types of games are planes, you know? And this is one of my favorite genres of casual game.

The sprites look pretty interesting. Of course, I know you're talking about adding polish and animation. Neat all around.

Peace,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I think the dragon's neck might need to be slimmed a tiny tiny bit where the horns and neck area meets.
I like the jellyfish dudes, with the right animations they could look pretty sweet with their tentacles swaying back and forth.

Where are they fighting?
I think you could twist it into an ocean shooter... but then again, most space shooters look like they're in an ocean anyways XD
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

It is gonna be a fantasy shooter actually. If I ever finish it I may go half RPG half shooter.

Here is an animated Marnt.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

The animation looks great however I would put a little more swing into the left and right tentacles so that they appear to be blowing in the wind. I think the endings of them need to snap around.

Just my humble opinions,

manaman