Shibuyah reporting for duty!:)

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Shibuyah
Mushboom

Post by Shibuyah »

Hi everyone, I'm Shibuyah, also known as Colin!
I come as a way for the people of Seiken Densetsu to be......uhhh......sprited in this style...
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52463
Anyway, I have an interesting project I would like to do...a sequel to Legend of Mana, approximately taking place 12 years after Legend of Mana.
I'm gonna try to make it with RMXP, hopefully someone can make an overworld, and, battle system that's the same as LoM.
Anyway, hope to be good friends with everybody!

-Shibuyah
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Hello there!

That sounds pretty interesting. I should visit there again. I haven't been to Namco Tales Forums in probably a year. Wonder if my account is even still there. Haha.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

As your initiation, you must present the member known as Duran with an offering of a Roast Rabite...and get a FREE COOKIE!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shibuya eh? I've been there, looks a lot bigger on TV.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

I love that style of sprites, you have any you could show off? Best of luck on the game, tons of people are starting Mana fan stuff, woo!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Welcome to the seikens fourm! I've never played any Namco games except for ToP which was one of my favorite snes games. I never played LoM either but its good to hear that people still know of the mana series.

Also Duran, where do you get your cookies from? I would want to get a pack for myself sometime.^_^
Shibuyah
Mushboom

Post by Shibuyah »

Tsurayu wrote:Hello there!

That sounds pretty interesting. I should visit there again. I haven't been to Namco Tales Forums in probably a year. Wonder if my account is even still there. Haha.
Yeah, it's teh best forum in my opinion!
On there my name is Colin.
What's yours?
Duran wrote:As your initiation, you must present the member known as Duran with an offering of a Roast Rabite...and get a FREE COOKIE!
How do I do that...?
*spots a Rabite in the distance*...And, I'll be right back...*goes to kill said Rabite, and, roast it*
Sheexy wrote:Shibuya eh? I've been there, looks a lot bigger on TV.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

I love that style of sprites, you have any you could show off? Best of luck on the game, tons of people are starting Mana fan stuff, woo!
What do you mean by bigger on TV?!

Thank you!:)

Yeah, here are some sprites of three characters from a game called Panzer Bandit.
Kou
Jin
Kasumi

Let me know what you guys think!
Danny wrote:Welcome to the seikens fourm! I've never played any Namco games except for ToP which was one of my favorite snes games. I never played LoM either but its good to hear that people still know of the mana series.

Also Duran, where do you get your cookies from? I would want to get a pack for myself sometime.^_^
Thanks!
Believe me, when you try Tales of the World:Narikiri Dungeon3, you'll want to play more!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shibuyah wrote:What do you mean by bigger on TV?!
The Shibuya intersection in Tokyo, it looks so enormous and crowded whenever you see it on television or in movies, but when I was there it didn't really feel crowded or that big.
I was taller than most of the people so I guess that helped. :P
But the buildings and stuff just seemed so much smaller actually being there.

Those sprites look really nice, but the colors seem to contrast too harshly in my opinion.

You got any sheets of them finished? That'd be cool to see!
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Shibuyah wrote:Yeah, it's teh best forum in my opinion!
On there my name is Colin.
What's yours?
Same. It's Tsurayu. I've been on that forum since like 2005, but only posted a handful of times since the first couple of months I was there.

The place is alright. I got into a little scramble with Shinryu one of the last times I was active. Funny thing is I can't even remember what it was about.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shibuyah
Mushboom

Post by Shibuyah »

Sheexy wrote:The Shibuya intersection in Tokyo, it looks so enormous and crowded whenever you see it on television or in movies, but when I was there it didn't really feel crowded or that big.
I was taller than most of the people so I guess that helped. :P
But the buildings and stuff just seemed so much smaller actually being there.

Those sprites look really nice, but the colors seem to contrast too harshly in my opinion.

You got any sheets of them finished? That'd be cool to see!
Wow!!O_OI didn't know I made a username of something in Tokyo!
But, what was Tokyo like despite the lack of people?

Thanks, and, I know I need to update the pallete.

I'm sorry, but, the only ones I currently have reference for is Kou, Kasumi, Miu, and, Jin.
But, yeah, they don't have finished sheets yet...
Glad you like them!^_^
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shibuyah wrote:But, what was Tokyo like despite the lack of people?
Oh no no, don't get me wrong! There were TONS of people! I was just taller than them so it didn't seem as overwhelming XD

Tokyo didn't really feel like that big of a place.
The train system is so convenient that it isn't a bother going all the way across town in a matter of minutes. It is really nice.
It's like that all over in Japan.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Shibuyah wrote:Let me know what you guys think
They look awesome! :-) Their from a game called Panzer Bandit? Panzer was the type of tanks used by the Germans in WWII. I know a gens game called Panzer Commander that I played but I never heard of Panzer Bandit. Is it like Final Fantasy, SD3 or ToP?

I guess its the same thing with the kaiser mimics in SD3. Kaiser means emperor in German and the last one was in WWI. So Kaiser: Emperor, mimic: to copy.
Emperor copy/mimic? A treasure box monster trap that copies a German emperor? Well, I guess that explains the cape.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Looking to work on a Mana project eh?

Now, your sprites are good, but the primary colors are too contrasty and the highlights and shades aren't contrasty enough, I thought they weren't shaded at all actually. Looks like you may have used MSPaint default colors. Never a good idea. Otherwise, it looks like you may have the makings of a fine spriter.

Also, for your for game, Look Down /, there is also a thread about it in the forums somewhere.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Danny wrote:Welcome to the seikens fourm! I've never played any Namco games except for ToP which was one of my favorite snes games. I never played LoM either but its good to hear that people still know of the mana series.

They're special "Duran" Cookies...made with 300% Chocolate and other stuff that's good...
Danny

Post by Danny »

300% chocolate?! Where I can get some? I only got eaten like many other members when I joined... Well I can't complain, the parties are awesome if only Sheexy wouldn't use so much salsa on his chips. Come on, share with us in here we're starving!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Welcome on board, Shibuya. Keep up the good work on sprites.