Mana Fangame

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Well, it has been awhile now hasn't it. I have a question for those that are interested in a higher end Mana Fangame. What would you rather see, a GOOD FFA remake, or a completely original title. I have talked to Sheexy in the past about making a high end FFA remake. But the more I think about it, the more I think an original game would be cool. I am thinking about a prequel to Legend of Mana, that shows the world before it was destroyed and turned to artifacts? Post your opinions and let me hear your thoughts.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

As much as I love FFA I'm beginning to think maybe an original type story would be better for this kind of project.
The story before LoM could be interesting because there are a lot of different ways to go about it.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Well, here is the basic jist of a Pre-LoM game. Character is a no name, like LoM. You start out near Domina in your home, the locations from LoM will be preplaced and rebuilt in SD3 style graphics. The locations will be similar, but different enough to not be the same experience. You'll run into a lot of familiar faces, yet they'll all be a bit different. You may see Mrs. Yuka, but she'll be a plump human who keeps pet Canaries, etc.

The quest will essentially take you through a couple possible story arcs, which will be dependent on how you develop your character and what places you choose to visit first, who you choose to help, etc. Basically you'll find yourself wrapped up in a quest to save Fa'Diel. How you choose to save it though, can greatly alter the story. I'll avoid any major spoilers though.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I really like that pre-LoM concept. The FFA remake would be the "safe" way to go so as not to anger fans, but it might be worthwhile to take the risk. Plus, there would probably be less legal issues with a more original fangame. 'Course that's not really true, but you know. ;)
Gurtyel
Lullabud

Post by Gurtyel »

I would really love to see SD3 classes in this game¡¡