Playing SD3 in English on your SNES?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

It is possible, however, not as cheap as I would like, I have not tested it either, but users on their forum say it works.

As best I understand it you have to buy the SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit for SNEX (It is the $80 one, you can get the one with or without the cart, that is your call), now these are designed for Super Famcoms, but should work in a standard SNES if you break off a couple little pieces of plastic on the inside.

You then dump the rom onto the card. You should then be able to throw it into your SNES and play it up.

http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/SUBMEN ... n=HARDWARE

I am not sure whether I will attempt this or not, but thought I'd post it for others, I'd rather see you do it yourself for $80 than drop $400 on eBay.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

$400 is a bit too much for me . . . and I don't think I have the techical expertise to do what you mentioned above . . . but I'm seriously thinking about having someone do it for me when I feel the itch to play SD3 again (if, by that time, it hasn't been rereleased).
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

It likely won't be released again, but did you know Dreamcasts can do the exact same thing and they are much much cheaper? Like I see them on Ebay for $20-30.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Playing on a Dreamcast is not the same as having a cartridge, by the same token, you can easily emulate them onto your PS3, Xbox, or PC.

So, no, the Dreamcast can not do the exact same thing. Not to mention, I hate Dreamcast controllers.

Now, Bastian, as I understand it the process is fairly simple. Perhaps sometime when I have extra cash, I'll buy a set and try it, if it goes well, I'll buy some spare cards and sell the extras.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Lotus, it would be wonderful if you could do that. I'm sure a lot of us would be eager purchasers.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Well, you are looking at around $60 per cart if I did that, mostly to help me cover the expenses, however, I would also make labels and design the carts to look nicer as well. Now, this is quite unlikely for a while though as my wife and I are looking to buy a house.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

60 is reasonable. I would happilly be your first customer. :)