Hey guys

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Hey guys

Post by Diana_Liuba »

Hello, dear Seikens Community.

At first, I'm terribly sorry for my bad grammar. I'm a german Seiken Densetsu fan and have just the option of my bad school english... Well, but I try my best to write understandable stuff.

So... My name is Diana and, as i mentioned, I do come from germany in Central Europe. I've loved the Seiken Densetsu series since I was a child. Now I'm 15 years old. My carrier of SD started with Secret of Mana, when I've played that game at my friends home. I've loved it from the first seconds (but lost motivation when I've reached Spikey Tiger... =P) After a few years, I've heard about a game called Sword of Mana. I looked around and loved it, too. Since then, I've played every single SD (exept Legend of Mana and Dawn of mana, because it was never released in Europe and I don't have a chance to play it.) By the way: My favourite SD is every single game!

About me... I could say I'm a musican, who plays the piano, organ, guitar, bass guitar, flute and a lot of other instruments. I do really like mangas and animes. and I do also love playing video games. My most favourite videogame is Okami and - of course - the Seiken Densetsu series.

How I came to seikens...? Well... see... I've looked after some tipps for... uhm... a Seiken Densetsu game (dunno which one) and asked google. Google said 'Go to seikens.com!' and I did. Since then, I've looked for informations about the games, because the german fanpages are stupid... <.<

I hope, I'll get it in an english speaking message board... I'll give it a try!

See ya then,
Diana
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Re: Hey guys

Post by Kimiko »

Hey hi Diana! Welcome to Seikens :D

Ooh, more European Mana fans, nice! I'm from the Netherlands myself.

LoM was never released in Europe, you say? How could they do that? The game's theme song is even in Swedish. Hmm, maybe that's why it still hasn't appeared on the PSN here..

Wow, you play so many instruments. I'm a little jealous because I don't have any musical talent. I once bought a guitar because I thought it'd be cool to be able to play, but I couldn't even hear if it was tuned correctly -_-;

Don't worry about your English, it's pretty good :)
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Post by Diana_Liuba »

Thank you!

European Mana fans are a minority, aren't they? ^^ And I love the Netherlands... I do can speak a bit dutch...

Sadly... but yes... I hate it! LoM is such a great game! In a few years I'm going to buy an american PS2 to play both DoM and LoM (I hope that Square Enix do develop another game) But I think you can get it on PSN... Dunno, don't have much Sony consoles. (I'm going to do a german fanpage about Seiken Densetsu. that's the reason why I know that... ^^")

Haha ^^ See... that is important for my job, I'll do (no, not professinal musican =D). I do have a family with some musicans (one of my [belgian] anchestor was a composer) and my aunt is my private piano teacher. But most of my knowledge did I learn by myself, because my aunt said, that learning is for the person who want to learn it. And i do have some... crazy learning methods. i'm just asking her, when I do have a question. Btw: The name of your hometown is like a german word.Ttransalted in english it's pain ^^"

Anyways: If you're interest in playing guitar you should keep practicing. You can train it to hear single notes. In the musican language it's called absoultly hear abiltiy (Dunno how it's called in english... haha just improvisation ^^") I do tune my guitars after my piano (specially when I got new wires) If you need tips and so on, I could give you some of this (playing guitar for 4 years now, piano just for half of an year, organ is not different from a piano and flute do I just playing by ear...)

Diana
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Welcome newcomer!

As your initiation, you must present the member known as "Duran" with an offering of a roast rabite. Doing so will earn you a COOKIE!
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Post by Diana_Liuba »

Thanks^^

But why will you have a rabite? These things are too sweet to roast... o.o ^^ But hey, if you want you'll get it. *gives Duran a roast rabite* Poor thing... ;_; Btw: Duran was one of my favourite charakter from Seiken Densetsu 3. The conversation between him and Angela... just awesome ^^ But my most favourite charakter was Riesz (?). Her name was in german Lise... I never played SD3 in english... Sorry guys... and ladies.)

Diana
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Diana_Liuba wrote:Thanks^^

But why will you have a rabite? These things are too sweet to roast... o.o ^^ But hey, if you want you'll get it. *gives Duran a roast rabite* Poor thing... ;_; Btw: Duran was one of my favourite charakter from Seiken Densetsu 3. The conversation between him and Angela... just awesome ^^ But my most favourite charakter was Riesz (?). Her name was in german Lise... I never played SD3 in english... Sorry guys... and ladies.)

Diana
*eats teh rabite*

Here you go!
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

Your post was not hard to understand at all! Good job!
Welcome, I'm new here too!

If your name is Diana, you might like Legend of Mana more when you ever get around to playing it.
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Post by Diana_Liuba »

That's good!
Thanks! I've already read it. Lucient Beam from Lumina was an awesome magic spell.

Legend of Mana was never released in Europe, but the Manga Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana. And I've read this masterpiece of course! And as far as I can tell is LoM a beautiful game, too. Pearl was one of my favourite charakter in the Manga (I would prefer Black Pearl) but Toto was the perfect guardian!
Do you mean Daene? (Is it spelled that way?!) This Cat Woman? Or whatever she is. She's awesome, too! Oh man... Why are they don't release such kind of great games in Europe at all? Maybe we do just have 60-70% of all games ever released in the USA... (And Heroes of Mana wasn't translated in German... I mean I don't care, because I do understand it. But most of the German gamer won't buy a game which isn't translated in German...)

By the way: My nickname is my creation for my website I will do. Diana is the greek moon goddess and Liuba means something like lovely.

Diana
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

greetings..
(belated) welcome aboard on board, I be Abdul_Moti.
hmm.. since others already make warm welcome, I don't think I deserve previlege to do the same as well..
anyway, make yourself at home. ^_^

*gone silent with Zable Fahr*
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Post by Diana_Liuba »

Thank you at all!
When I do read your nickname, I have to think about that dancing guy who won't stopp to dance like that... This dance is very... mysterious... A case for Moulder and Skally from The X-Files? (Oh man, how I love this show!) =D
Anyways... I do already feel like I'm in a german community... just with the difference that you don't speak my native language... My my! I think at the end of time I'll speaking english like an english woman =D
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

There's actually a character named Diana too, I'm not sure if she's in the manga. Daena is someone else, and yes, she is awesome! Besides the fact that she's a catgirl with nunchaku, she's also a cool character! She is one of my favorite characters from Legend of Mana.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I remember a time when Seikens was dwarfed by another Seiken Densetsu site and community that was German, but I can't seem to find it anymore, it used to be one of the top searches I thought, wonder what happened to it.

Anyways, welcome to the boards! I usually ask new people what games they've played and stuff but I see you've done a nice job of answering my question early in the games thread. XD

Hope you like it here, and your English is pretty awesome!
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Sorry for the super late welcome >.< but...
Welcome to Seikens (^^,)