Mark's Idea

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

I know, but wheres the fun in doing easy stuff? ;P
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Well :D I'm not searching the challenge in forum-stuff :D

I still believe that the egg-rabite-idea is the best one. :)
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

damn it I didn't even get to the Rabite girls yet! They started out with their ears lowered and the longer you were here the higher than got until they covered nothing! :(
Mark
BuzzBee

Post by Mark »

Ok so we have all the Ideas...

Who can make it happen?

By the way I love the Idea of battling rabites :D sounds really Cool and I still think that there should be more than just rabites.
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

I could create the script :D there are only some things i need:

- free time, I'm really busy with school at the moment, I even haven't got much time for my friends :/.
I want to finish the bio-pages first, so give me a week or two ;)
- a final idea, so we should agree on one idea ( maybe a mix of all? )
- one that organises the sprites ( BuCUE?? :P )

the ones that involve the post count in their calculations are marked with (post count)

#1 Mark's idea ( original ) (post count)
Mark wrote:My idea for the forum is a post Counter and a level system

so it might say X posts till level up with a bar I was thinking it might give it more of an RPG feel.
#2 koopa's idea
koopa wrote:Why not display a small picture of the hero / heroine next to the username and the longer the user is registered, the grayer the hair becomes :D
#3 Sheexy's idea
Sheexy wrote:A Rabite that slowly faded from Yellow to Pink to black to Green to Black would be awesome.

Or just one that goes from Yellow and gets darker until it is eventually a Black Rabite would be a really cool time ranking thing.
#4 BuCUE's idea (post count)
BuCUE wrote:why not do several, we have enough monster ranks to do 5-6 different ones at least.
start with an egg, which hatchs at 100 posts, levels up at 100 until it's maxed. But set the numbers to random like 142 and 732 and hide post counts. Anyone who spams goes to a broken egg and stays there until good behaviour.
[ some posts later... ]
We could also do with some non-self-uploaded avatars here as well. If Sheexy wants he can use my icons from the past post. 250 icons of everything in DoM should pretty much cover the avatar requirements and if it doesn't we can resize sprites and art easy enough.

Maybe we could jack a G Generation style system. We start with a monster and it leads to other monsters. Like a Rabite can "evolve" to a Silktail or to say a mushboom and we make up chains so say I wanted a knight I might go - Rabite - mushboom - zombie - knight. Each month of registration with at least 5 posts (other wise idle guys get to level things up) you "ace" a monster and can level it up (change colour) or make it a new monster as listed above.

A lot more complex but fun. If you really really wanted to push it we could set up a little siken area where we can "fight" our icons. Sort of digimon portables but without the direct monster raising. Would be hillariously fun to see the crap we can get up to with such a lame concept :P
Last edited by koopa on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Might wanna take out the ones that involve post counts. :P
Mark
BuzzBee

Post by Mark »

racx_00 wrote:Might wanna take out the ones that involve post counts. :P
Well since there won't be a X posts made counter then it shouldn't be a problem, people are more likely to spam if there is a number that can get higher than a coffee shop in Amsterdam.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

I disagree. If someone knows they can change their title by getting more posts, they'll just keep spamming until they get the best title.
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

racx_00 wrote:I disagree. If someone knows they can change their title by getting more posts, they'll just keep spamming until they get the best title.
Hmm.... yes, I agree. The spammers should get some extra rankings like:
"Would better post less "
Danny

Post by Danny »

Wait, what does raising your post count even do? Just change your SoM monster rank besides your avatar? That's pretty pointless, don't you think? It's a waste of time do that only for SoM's monster rank.

Great topic and ideas though. Sheexy will most likly keep it like this though. It's really great though. Both your guys ideas and the way Sheexy has it now. I don't think that theres any good reason to change it the way it's now.
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

And what about a nice sprite, replacing the "Registered ..."-line?
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

racx_00 wrote:I disagree. If someone knows they can change their title by getting more posts, they'll just keep spamming until they get the best title.
Then why don't we manipulate things with the G Generation idea and get Digimon (STROUD COMMENT HERE) on it?

Spam = bad evolution
Good posts = Good evolution

For example if you do nothing but spam crap (have users rate posts?) you get a slime icon. If you post good stuff you get a black rabite (maybe).

Aww so many ideas and none that will work.

Make the post levels secret and Koopa never mentions the exact trigger. Only he would know.

Why do I have to do anything? I'm lazy and I'm done with my super creative month for this year :(
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Maybe we should start a vote for this :) or ask Sheexy / Deques
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I am lost guys. Lost.

I like the idea of a Rabite turning into a Black Rabite for the people who stay active and do good, but a toggle where admins can set people to slimes is a good idea methinks.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

DOUBLE POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I think it would be neat if you could select your model, but if you say Rabite, then it would be cool, but how would we program it in. Anyways, I think it would be neat if we could get rabites, goblins, maybe a character who shifts through their colors, etc.

Sheexy edit: Hey, me making mistakes on the forum is too common for that. :P

Lotus Edit: I have to pick when I can, and it was ever so convenient :D
Last edited by Lotus on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.