Secret of Mana - The Race

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I can imagine the scene...

"I wonder if we'll see any Shadow Zeroes. You know, they're really rare! You hardly ever get to see one in the wh- Woah!"
"See, these guys drop them sometimes, but only in th- WOAH!"
"Yeah, but I bet we won't see a Mimi- WOAH!!!"
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

GRRRR!!!

Okay, so I am doing pretty well in the race (I think.) I am at a pretty good level early on, but my cartidge is giving off some weird glitches. Maybe I am moving too fast for the system, but there are times when my spells won't react when I give the commands, and sometimes some of the monsters become "immune" to my melee strikes -forcing me to rely on magic. I hope my cartridge isn't dying. I don't want it to die. I love that cartridge! I tried to marry it, but the state wouldn't recognize our union! PLEASE DON'T DIE CARTRIDGE! I LOVE YOU!!

Okay, at risk of falling behind -really, I don't know if I can do this; I can't just run through...so much to do- I need to take a break.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I had stuff like that happen too, especially immunity to melee strikes. As for the reaction to commands, I only found it happening if Popoie was still celebrating a boost in HP or MP, or if they had a pending damage penalty from an enemy attack. I wouldn't think it was the cartridge failing itself though...
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

I don't know...the glitches are still happening. Immunity to strikes is a big one. It happened with the Blue Spikey Tiger on Gold Isle. However, it also gitched in my favor. Orbs kept appearing in that same temple at random. None the less I need to break.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Well I only just started today... I'm screwed! :(
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

WHAT? Kassidy and Sheexy are done? I only just raised the Mana Fortress. I hate work.

In other news: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

rrfish wrote:WHAT? Kassidy and Sheexy are done? I only just raised the Mana Fortress. I hate work.

In other news: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you. Yeah, we finished 10.47 and 12 hours after the starting time respectively.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Sweet. This means I can slow down and go back over things I skimmed in this race...Forget it, I'm starting over! :-) I want to explore these glitches some more.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ok, I finally finished SoM too. I sent in to Sheexy since the fourms email can't put on attachments. I hope that he remebers to give it to Deques or post the info himself. I forgot how it works, but I told him everything about how I did in SoM.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm in EST time (-05). So how did I do Sheexy? Did I come out in 3rd place or what?
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

without sheexy, you are second

uhm, which Secret of mana version did you use? there are plenty out there
Danny

Post by Danny »

What do you mean which version I used of SoM? How many versions are there? All I know is that I have a .smc extention on my SoM games since it's for the emulatot snes. My SoM is a rom, is that what you meant?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Secret of Mana (F) 1.29 mb
Secret of Mana (G) 1.29 mb
Secret of Mana (U) 1.29 mb
Secret of Mana (V1.0) (E) 1.29 mb
Secret of Mana (V1.1) (E) [!] 1.29 mb

all versions according to a rom site
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The French version is curious. Sheex is known as Schwarzy. I've yet to check the German version though.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I'm not very sure what version I have of SoM, but I know that it's 2.00 mb. You can check out my .srm save file that I mailed to Sheexy. He said that he'll mail it to you. Maybe you can find out through that? If not, I'll just keep trying to find out.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I already got the file to Dekky.

You need to look at the SoM rom that you have and figure out the details Dekky mentioned, the .srm won't have it.