Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
spiritheart
Rabite

Post by spiritheart »

I'm very glad to be here and I'm sure it's a pleasure to meet you all :-D

I'm a huge Secret of Mana fan but I lack the funds to have a "nice" collection. All I have is the Original Cartridge for Secret of Mana for the SNES. I've played all of the others, some I wasn't to fond of.

The first Secret of Mana is still to this day my first and still is my video game love. I was planted in front of it at the age of (I think 4 or 5. Leaning more towards 5) And instead of reading me mother goose stories or whatever, my mom taught me how to read through games. I enjoyed it and I've always had the best reading scores in my classes because of Role Playing games, including Soul Blazer, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, and the ever popular (But greatly decreasing in gameplay value) Final Fantasy series. I've played MANY others but it all came back down to "my" roots. Secret of Mana. <3 it forever :-D.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't have the funds for all that fancy stuff like the Manga or the posters or stuff. But welcome to the boards!
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Same with me. I had wanted to get the SoM guide but it just didn't happen.

Anyway, welcome to Seikens and have fun! :party:
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Welcome on board. :) (Damn, that pun's getting old now...)
Danny

Post by Danny »

Welcome to the seikens fourm! It's always great to see more newbies around here. My seiken series collection is only the roms of SoM, SD3 and SwoM for my gameboy advance which is not a rom.^_^

Hey, I'm glad that you also know about other series of games like Chrono Trigger and Soul Blazer. My collection of these classic games are huge for snes, Gens and gameboy advance, but thier mostly roms since I'm kind of low on funds now too. The only non-roms I've got are for my gameboy advance the snes and gens ones are all roms.^-^;

The final fantasy series is great, but I prefer the Phantasy Star series more. I also know about Fire Emblem, Shining Force series and many others. It's great to have you here, I hope you enjoy your self here!:party:

Note: When Duran comes around here, he'll ask for a rabite tribute. Normally I would take over being his righthand man, but I'll leave it to him.:)
Last edited by Danny on Fri May 18, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I can talk in bold too. :-P

I always told people that videogames were useful for learning how to read, they use some pretty awesome words in them. And they're always going to keep kids reading because they're a heck of a lot more attention getting than most dumb things they make kids read.

Heheh, I've got a pretty nice Seikens collection going, but that doesn't mean I have lots of funds for it. ^-^;
I keep eBay staked out for good deals. :-)

Anyways, welcome to the board! Hope you like it here and hope to see you around and active!
spiritheart
Rabite

Post by spiritheart »

So far I do like it a lot! It's such a warm welcome. I'll try and be on as much as I can &#12358;&#12399;wwwwww! I've been swamped lately, but I knew I had to get on here ^.^

Rabite Tribute..?
Danny

Post by Danny »

spiritheart wrote:Rabite Tribute..?
That's just a joke me and a member called Duran started. The story was that he used to eat newbies and I got him addicted to roasted rabites. When he pops up and asks for it, you can just say something like "ok, here you go!". His internet is not working or something so I don't know when his going to be back. He does pop up from time to time though, so you'll most likly see him around here.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Well, my Mana collectoin consists of the Secret of Mana official guide and the games (besides Seiken Densetsu 3 and Final Fantasy Adventure). I just can't find FFA at gamestop or EB Games.

I wish I had me some rabites or a Flammie doll if they had any.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Pay Duran a tribute of a roast rabite and you will not be devoured...
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Talking in third person makes anyone scarier! O_O
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Anon wrote:Talking in third person makes anyone scarier!
You wouldn't wanna talk in third person around my group of friends, heheh.

Out on some of our old camp-outs back when we were in Boy Scouts there was this guy named Frankie, and Frankie liked talking in third person. Frankie liked doing that a lot.
We got annoyed by it and tried to wean him off of it. Nothing worked so we eventually resorted to violence...^-^;

Us: Hey Frankie, we're gonna make a deal with you. You stop talking in third person, and we won't hit you with these sticks. Got it?
Frankie: Frankie understands!

And then we started hitting him.

Frankie: FRANKIE HURT! FRANKIE HURT!
Us: I guess you should stop talking like that huh?
Frankie: Ok fine I quit!

So we stopped hitting him.

Frankie: Frankie happy!

So we started hitting him again. Went on like that until we finally gave up on him.
Frankie was a lost cause.
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

Hi :) Welcome to The Seikens
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sheexy wrote:. . . Frankie: Frankie happy!

So we started hitting him again. Went on like that until we finally gave up on him.
Frankie was a lost cause.
Ha ha ha,

Sheexy, that's the most amazing story! Anyhoo, welcome to the coolest forum this side of nothing (which, if my mind is at least operating halfway decently with this buggy cold I've got and the NyQuil that I took, means everything)!

I'll see you around, spiritheart (love the SoM!),

manaman
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

We shall call it, Carlie Syndrome