FLYFF

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Just made it to level 15 and deciding on my career path...
Knight seems nice to do and fits my play style (smash'n'slash), but Ranger has the advantage of missile-attacks, but the guy that goes around and punches stuff seems like a blast too!

/sigh, so many choices, so little time. :(

EDIT: Ok, I chose Merc for the hell of it, considering it suits my play-style.
Now for the big part...

Help me get this sorted out?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Kassidy wrote:I'm almost tempted to give this a try... Deary me...
It's really fun--you know you want to do it!

Plus, congratulations on your class change, Faal!

Peace,

manaman
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

Dudes, i really wanna play!! is there way i can download it...i have windows vista so....ja
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Do not know crap about vista, sorry.

OKAY FAALSTAR! You're under mah wing!

After the first class change, put 11 points into STR 7 Points into Endurance, and the rest in Dexterity. This way, as you level up, you'll be able to HIT CONSISTENTLY. I did not, and it took me a while to start hitting more consistently. But remember, every 2-3 levels, instead of str and end, put the points into dex.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Whc91us wrote:Dudes, i really wanna play!! is there way i can download it...i have windows vista so....ja
Hey Whc91us,

So, I hear that some people are able to download and play Flyff on Vista. There's a section of the forums on the official Flyff website (Google it) that explains the problem. There are a couple of places you can't leave the game from and have the screen remain steady. Otherwise, there are many skilled staff-members working behind the scenes to get Flyff Vista compatible.

PM me if you need any more help.

Peace,

manaman
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

ahahhaha!! i gots it finally, i dunno why, but this time it worked, i tried it several times, but i guess i got lucky, teehee
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

I forgot to say, im on Mia annnd im only like level 3 so far, teehee....annnd my name is Caell, its usually just Cael, but for some reason that twas taken
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sweet!

I'll look you up.

Peace,

manaman (Utaiu)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well I've just set up an account though I haven't installed the software yet... I hadn't realised it was such a bizarrely huge download. I'm also hoping that I don't have to pay....
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Kassidy wrote:Well I've just set up an account though I haven't installed the software yet... I hadn't realised it was such a bizarrely huge download. I'm also hoping that I don't have to pay....
You don't.
You only pay for premium items, on their webpage.
Lampflower
Mushboom

Post by Lampflower »

Ah FlyFF. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned somewhere that I didn't enjoy this game, but I'm thinking of trying it again some time.

(As for premium items, I'm not sure if its shop works the same way as its sister's (Rappelz). If so, most of the premium items could be bought from players in game, too. So lots of people think it's not worth paying for anything at all, unless your intention is to donate to the game. I don't know how similar that is.)
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

Say Faalstar, are you on the Lawolf server or something? cause it saiddd that you didnt exsist on Mia
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

When I get my new computer I might give it a try.
So its on Mia server?

What class do you recommend?
Any good guides?
This game is free to play?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

I hope you all enjoy Flyff and look me up! I'm serious! I'm Utaiu on the Mia server (which has a nice community and is a little quieter than some of the others--a good choice). As far as some general comments:

This game is free to download and play. I have, to this point, not spent a single cent in the while I've been playing. There are certain items that you can pay to have in-game, but for the most part, they're costumes and things that only make you look a degree cooler (or sometimes lamer in the case of the snowman costume!) in-game.

There are many good guides. I enjoy the :hof: Flyff Fansite. I only warn you that I would recommend having cookies disabled when visiting (though don't let that turn you off). The official forums at the Flyff homepage is a good resource as well. Of course, you can't make too many mistakes and one of the best things is to meet people and learn as you go.

As far as classes go, I am a mage and enjoy being one for the sole reason that I can make many pretty and powerful things go boom and newbies crowd around and oooh and aaaah. 'Tis good for the ego. :-P Nah, really though, I enjoy being the guy that sort of sits back and supports everyone in a party by casting large spells. If you enjoy "tanking," or going right up to the baddies and hitting them repeatedly and using food (which gives you HP), then you want to be a mercenary. If you enjoy supporting people by casting defense spells, healing spells and being one of the most sought after characters in the game, then an assist position is for you. Be warned, however, that to be an assist comes with the price of being constantly asked to revive "dead" characters because that class is the only one that can do that and the alternative to being revived is loosing a bit of your experience points (not too many, though). Finally, there's the acrobat type which is a good long distance sort of character. Really, choose what fits you.

One piece of advice, however: when starting out, put all your points in strength because you re-stat at level 15. In other words, be a tanking mercenary to start out. You'll level up faster and that means you'll get to FLY faster! :D Yay!

See you in-game!

manaman (Utaiu on the Mia server)
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Whc91us wrote:Say Faalstar, are you on the Lawolf server or something? cause it saiddd that you didnt exsist on Mia
I am on the Mia server, but I don't play it anymore... it's the grind that drives me nuts, and I don't find it really rewarding.