Actual RP, not Discussion

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron strolled down the streets of Altena. It was peaceful, although slightly warm for this time of year. He walked through the gate, out to the snow fields. It was so beautiful, the way it snowed, with it piling up on Mirron. He reached out a hand and watched as some melted into water on his hand. He refroze it, then tossed it into the air. He then began to walk back, brushing off some snow that had gathered on his cloak. He entered a house on the outskirts of town, and took off his cloak. It was warm and cheery in the room, and a young lady was over by the stove stirring a pot. Her hair was grey, although it was clearly not from age. Her eyes were purple, and her outfit was a mellow shade of yellow. Mirron waved hello as he passed by her, and entered his room. His room was a mess, with assorted books, papers, and other things scattered here and there. The window was open to let in a nice breeze, which helped keep the room cool.

Mirron sat down on his bed with a thump, and passed the time waiting for dinner by reading a book on the practice of magic. It was interesting, and passed the time very well. At dinner, the family talked very often, until the father cleared his throat. "Mirron, buisness hasn't been going very well. I believe that it's time for you to go out on your own, at least for a year. We'll give you some supplies to make it easier, but in the end it's up to you to succeed." Mirron sat there, shocked by the sudden news. "Um, I see. I'll leave in the morning." The mom sniffed quietly, and left the room. The family finished the meal in silence, and Mirron left to pack anything he'd need.

An uneasy night of rest passed for Mirron, and in the morning, he said his goodbyes. His mom was crying as she hugged him goodbye, and Mirron walked out of the house for what was likely the last time. He countinued, out into the snowfields, where he felt most at peace, and began to think about what he was going to do.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein reached Snow City Elrand by a ferrying ship. His desert chothing was not ment to keep him warm at this cold temperature and had to sell off his sword for lucres to purchase a room for one night at the city's local inn. Although low on cash, Hein still had five lucres left which was enough for him to but one candy for his trip through the snow fields.

His quest was clear to him. He had to find as many ice coins as possible for the Navarre's Theif guild to fight off the monsters in the area as only fire coins could be found in the Desert of sorching heat. Ice coins were rare and very expensive to buy in those areas.

Hein joined the Navarre Theif guild as soon as he could at the young age of 12. By this time, he became 16 and already became a ninja from his beginning as a simple theif. His greatest goal in life was to become the best nightblade of Navarre.

Working under cover for Navarre's Theif guild or Desert Storm as it was best know as to common people, he went by the name of Balder. The name was from Rolante and was used by Hein to try to throw people off as of where he was really from.

Knowing the Snow Field's monsters were weak agaist fire, Hein packed two fire coins and his bought candy from Elrand. Of course as a ninja he was also fully trained it the arts of ninjutsu. He possesed the four elemental jutsus, fire, water, earth, wind and fire and his shuriken throwing techs. Soon Hein would master all of the nightblade skills as he only possesed the ninja ones now.

Still having his daggers and desert armour ready, Hein entered the snow field to get to Altena which hopefully had lots of ice coins for sell. Hein thought that Elrand had them but it didn't. His plan now was to sell any items he found fighting the monsters to purchase ice coins at Altena. He also hoped to find at least some lucres defeating the snow field enemies. And thus, Hein entered the snow field and rushed on the path to Altena.
Last edited by Danny on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron was breathing out, although his breath didn't seem to cloud very much. He walked along a snowy path, and noticed a small Rabite, covered in snow. He brushed it off a little, then picked it up and began to pet it. "You poor thing, you must be cold. Don't you have a home? Well little guy, I don't either, not anymore. I think we should stick together, for now." A ninja was on the snow path, and looked like he might pass up Mirron. "Excuse me, but where are you off to in such a hurry?"
Danny

Post by Danny »

With his daggers withdrawn, Hein walked by not even noticing or hearing the person speaking to him. All he could think about was his mission. His constant mutterings blocked out all other sounds from him.

"Darn it, I'm cold and these darn fire coins aren't all that effective against all those packs of snow monsters... How far is Altena, darn it! I can't fight off another group of enemies and I'm down to my last fire coin now. Blast it all!"

Soon enough, Hein started to walk right passed the person infront of him.
Last edited by Danny on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron chuckled at what he was about to do. Maybe the cold was getting to him, or maybe he was simply starting to panic because of the shock of what was happening, but he picked up a small amount of snow, shaped it into a sphere, and threw it at the ninja. "You should be better dressed for a walk through here."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein quickly turned around as a snowball hit him with his daggers in a battle ready position. "Who dares hit the great ninja Hein!... I meant the traveler Balder!" He used his last fire coin which missed the person behind him. The three fire balls hit a tree but only barely managed to burn part of it's bark since the cold reduced the fire coin's magical strength.

"What, that was my last fire coin, now how am I supposed to get to Altena?! Hmm, just a kid, you've got some nerve hitting me with a piece of snow. I used up my last fire coin because of you so if you want to live you better pay me 22 lucres for it!"

Hein placed his daggers back in their sheath and extended his hand to receive the lucres for using his fire coin without purpose. "Come on, pay up now. You wouldn't want to be bested here by me would you now? Oh and how far is Altena from here by the way? Just curious."

((Best/ed/ing (old English word): Defeated, beaten, killed, etc.))
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron laughed. "You should be fine. However, I'm not giving you any Lucre. I'm way younger than you, and I could travel from here to Wendel without trouble." Mirron petted his Rabite, and hugged it close. A small icicle floated in midair near Mirron. "I don't want to hurt you, so please don't make me. You'll scare my Rabite, for one."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein's rage was about to burst out but just when it looked as though he would take out his daggers and attack the stranger, he calmed down. "I'll spare you since I have other duties to attend to at the moment. Heh, lucky you. Do you have any idea how close you came to be killed by me, the great ninja?! Haha... I mean traveler, heh heh."

Hein's show boating almost cost him his true identity. "I'll forgive you for wasting my fire coin, but you better not get in my path again or you'll surely regret it!" Hein grined his teeth and left towards Altena once again.

"Darn it, I almost gave out my identity to that guy! Ah, what a fool I made of myself! I didn't think going solo would be this hard but I couldn't bring any Navarre theif guild partners with me to hide my true identity better. Well, there's no sense worrying about it now. After I get back to Navarre with some ice coins, I'll surely be greatly rewarded, heh."
Last edited by Danny on Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron followed beside him. "You should be more careful out here. I'm the least of your problems. Hypothermia, for one, is more deadly. Anyways, why are you here?"
Danny

Post by Danny »

"I won't freeze quite so easily! That's why I chose to come here, I can't really tell you why." As Hein spoke, his thin leather gloves started to ice over which reduced his moblilty.

"However... if you can point me directly to Altena's direction, then maybe I can disclose a bit of why I'm here. Normaly, I wouldn't bother asked but I'm in a hurry". At this point it looked as though Hein would collapse at any minute. He placed his hands inside his pockets to try to prevent his hands from completely freezing.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron walked over to him. "You don't look so well. Are you sure you should be here with less warmth." Over in the distance, a cave is seen. "Altena is too far for you in your condition, but that cave over there should do."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein looked in the direction of the cave. "No, I'm okay. Just point me in the direction of Altena, I'll be alright." As Hein spoke, he took off his gloves and placed his hands on his face to restore some warmth to his cheeks and forehead.

"So which way is it?" He placed his gloves back on his hands as they were were starting to turn red and numb. "Its certainly very cold, but I can make it to Altena from here. I'm positive about it, don't worry!"
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron shook his head. "No, your not going to make it. The cave is much closer, and Altena is still a ways away. Besides, maybe you'll tell me why you need to get to Altena so badly that you'll risk your life and health for it." Mirron began dragging him towards the cave, setting the Rabite in his hood.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein's cold, numb hands and feet convinced him to listen to head for the cave. "Ahh, fine! Maybe you can help me out a bit at least, but don't drag me!" He was thankful for finding an excuse to take a break from his quest but would not admit it.

As they head towards the cave, Hein started to get hungry due to the intense cold. "Sorry to ask, but do you have something to eat? If not its okay, I was just wondering since I already finished my food rations and am a tad starved in this freezing weather. I've been going a long time without stopping and those snow field monster really took their toll on me.."
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron looked shocked. "Monsters? Really? They never bother me. Anyways, I'll see what I have. No eating Suislec though. I'm taking a real liking to him." Mirron reached into his pockets, and pulled out an apple. "Here, eat this." They had reached the cave by now, and it was very dark. "I'll see if I can find some wood."