Actual RP, not Discussion

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein sat down leading against a wall inside the cave and took a large bite out of the apple he was given. "Thank you, I was pretty starved out there in the snow fields! I guess the monsters here attack me because I don't know the terrain nor area so I can't really avoid them."

Hein then extended his head so it also leaned against the wall. "Lately there's been more increaseing monster activity around Navaerre... I guess I'll tell you more when you come back." While waiting, Hein closed his eyes and thought about his mission and whether or not he should disclose some information about why his here. No doubt the person who's helping would want to know for what purpose he's here.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron walked outside, walking carefully. His Rabite hopped out of his hands, and Mirron began chasing it. "Slow down, it's hard to keep up." Eventually it was near a large pile of dead branches, and hopped on it. "Aww, how cute, you just wanted to help me. Thank you." The Rabite hopped into his arms, and Mirron began to carry some dry wood back to the cave. Hein was sitting against a wall, and Mirron set the wood in a pile near him. "Do you have any flint?" Mirron asked.
Danny

Post by Danny »

"Flint?" Hein looked around. "Ah, there's some here. You can use one of my steel daggers to make a spark." Hein passed the dagger to Mirron. "That should get it started!" Hein put his hands behind his head while sitting against the cave wall.

"As I promised, I'll tell you a bit of why I'm here since you helped me. I'm Hein, a ninja of the Navarre theif's guild. I know the bad rumours about us, but we only steal from the rich that steal from the poor. We only give back their stolen lucres which is only fair!"

Hein took off his boots and gloves so they can dry off when the fire was started. "Anyways, Navarre has been getting a lot of monsters around it's gates recently. It never happened before, we can't even get out! The ninjas there are having a hard time fighting them off and are exhaused. And as you well know, fire coins don't effect fire beasts so I came here to get some ice coins for the ninjas to defeat the monsters."

Hein dusted some snow off himself. "Some say that a rich land lord who had his lucres stolen by the Navarre theif's guild is behind this. He always stole from our treasury to build his own personal empire to try and concur Navarre. His force of hired mercenaries were easily defeated by our ninja, I was one of them!"

Hein had a smirk at on his face as he pointed at himself. His smirk soon diminished with what he was about to say next. "Could this land lord actually have found a way to control the desert beasts? That can't be possible but its the only explaination we have at this point..."

As Hein continued speaking, he removed his other dagger as he was lying on his side now. "Although I'm a ninja, me true purpose is to become a nightblade! Very few have actually become one at the Navarre theif's guild so it would be a true dream and honor if I could! By the way, I didn't catch your name."
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron smiled, and began striking the blade. It quickly caught fire, and his Rabite fled away from it towards Hein. "My name is Mirron, and I am a Magician. I am particularly skilled at water magic, so perhaps I can help you there. I've been kicked out of my home, due to some... unfortunate circumstances. Controling monsters? It's possible, I just don't see how they could do that. Perhaps brute force and intimidation, but, regardless, I'll see what I can do about helping you. I might even be able to enchant some coins a little later to help you."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein had a surprised looked on his face. "You would really consider coming with me to Navarre?! Your help would be greatly appreciated and you would also be greatly rewarded!"

Hein looked down, smiled then petted Mirron's rabite. "I'm sorry to hear that you were forced to leave your home, but maybe if you help Navarre, the news that would speard of a Altenaian magician helping the ninjas would earn the respect of your family again to let you come home again."

"So what do you say, will you join me to defeat the land lord that threatening Navarre? Altena seems to be a long way off so if we would head back shortly after we've rested, excellent time can be made getting to Navarre!"

Hein put the dagger Mirron was using back into it's sheath. "Alright, let me tell you some more before we set off. This land lord used to be the leader of a rival theif's guild that stole from the poor and not from the rich like we did. For money, they even killed defenceless people. Navarre stoped them but our reputation went down as well... Each time someone heard 'theif's guild', they thought of murder. All that remains now is this lord and a few members who seek revenge on Navarre by destroying it. I can't and won't let that happen!"

Hein looked out the cave's entrance and saw that it was getting dark outside. "Ah, maybe we should spend the night here and leave in the morning. It would be too cold and dangerous to travel in the night. A snow field monster might even ambush us in the dark."

Hein put his hands near the fire. "So I guess we should sleep now. I won't have to go by the false name of Balder since I have a partner with me now! I was really getting tired of that Rolante name." And with the end of his speech, Hein laid down beside Mirron's rabite.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron sat near the mouth of the cave, and began to meditate. He would sleep soon, but he wanted to try being intune with nature, with Altena, with the cold, the snow, the ice, one last time before he left. The cold never bothered him, but the heat would be extreme in a desert. An Undine floated past him, and Mirron waved it over. It smiled, although slight shocked. "So, you can see me? Well, what can I do for you?" Mirron laughed. "Yes, I can see you. I'd like to know if one of your fellow spirits might be willing to go with me, all the way to Navarre. Could you ask?" The Undine nodded. "I'll see what I can do. I hope that your travel goes well." The Undine began to swim/float away, and Mirron began to try and rest.
Danny

Post by Danny »

The night felt very cold for Hein. Even with all his equipment on, he was still freezing in his sleep. He dreamt only of the nice heat in Navarre and his conquest over the tyrannical land/war lord that wanted to destroy his beloved Navarre.

The night pated fairly quickly as Hein was exhaused from fighting the snow field monsters in the intense cold all day. In the morning while Hein's new companion Mirron was still sleeping, he trained outside and wased his face with some ice cold water rear a river that was close to the cave which he had spent the night in. Hein returned to the cave still early in the morning and waited for Mirron to awaken while he was preparing his equipment.

Hein stared down on Mirron and his rabite while sharpening his daggers with a flat stone he found rear the river bank. "They must have been up awhile longer then I was last night. No sense waking them up, I might as well get some water in one of my food container for the desert. I may be able to go a long while without water but they won't be used to it like I wasen't here."

Hein once again left to the river bank to gather some water in his cylindrical contain which once had a few bits of meat in them. He cleaned it out first along with his spherical one which he had put the flat stone into. Both containers were filled with water now and the flat stone was kept in one of Hein's pockets. After he had finished Hein headed back to the cave and went to sleep again until Mirron would wake up. Hein didn't sleep very well since the cold woke him up but it was a tad warmer in the early morning.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron woke up, feeling slightly refreshed. The cold helped him feel more alive. He looked over to Hein. "Good morning, I hope you slept well. Before we leave, can we stop by a natural spring? I'd like to see something there first." Mirron's Rabite hopped over to him, and Mirron grabbed it and gave it a hug.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein got up and nodded. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. We might be gone awhile, so you should see some last sites before we leave". He got all his equipment ready then went with Mirron.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron nodded. "It's not to far, only a little ways away." Mirron walked towards the west for a little while, wondering what he should say. "So, how long have the attacks been going on?"
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein walked with Mirron and looked at the landscape. In his mind, he was comparing the snow fields with the Navarre sand dunes. After hearing Mirron's question, Hein looked towards him and answered.

"These strange attacks and ambushes have been going on for about a month now and there getting worse each day. That land lord was defeated a year ago so that's why there's many rumours that his behind all this. Darn it, if only he didn't manage to escape Navarre wouldn't be in this mess right now!"

Hein once again stared at the landscape. "There's also some new and very deadly monsters attacking Navarre. They came from the Valley of Flames south of Navarre. Basilisks and some unknow creatures we call 'doom gazes'. Unlike the basilisk stare that petrifies a person, doom gazes kill with a single look."

"There's few and can only be seen at far during the day since if you get to close, changes are you'll get killed instantly. Sorry to worry you, we'll be safe once we get inside Navarre then we can make a plan from there."

Hein walked faster to catch up to Mirron.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron pondered this. "Those Doom Gazers, their fire creatures? They sound like dark creatures to me. Perhaps we should head to Wendel first, and see if we can get some Light Coins." They had arrived at a natural spring. A small group of Undine swam in the water, and looked like they were having a good time. One of them floated over to Mirron. "Hi, you must be Mirron. I heard about your request, and I've decided to help you out. I hope we get along well." The Undine swam around, and landed on his head, sitting their, watching the Rabite. Mirron was happy. "Thank you, this should make our trip much easier. Okay Hein, we can go now."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein looked at the undine as it was talking to Mirron. "Hmm, you must be a very calm person if a spirit can simply choose to join you that easily. Anyways, I'm not sure exactly what those doom gazes are. No one was ever seen them anywhere."

Hein took out of his pocket one of the containers he had put water in and handed it to Mirron. "Here, I filled this with water. Take it, I've got one more."

"If we're still going to Wendel then maybe you can also contact wisp the spirit of light. If we defeat that land lord person and the monsters then I'll show you where you can contact Salamando in the valley of Flames for your help. That would be useful for you to have here."
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

Mirron drank from the container briefly. "Thank you." Mirron put the flask in his pocket. "I am well known among the spirit community here, or at least fairly well known. Most humans can't handle the cold, and so they don't leave Altena, and never see the wonder that is nature." Mirron thought about Wendel. "I'm not sure how well that will go, personally. We can try, but I don't know the light spirits very well. But the Doomgazers will either fall easily to Light or Forest, I'd assume." The Undine looked up. "I'll vouch for you, silly. Your more skilled than you know, and I think I'll be able to get us at least one more spirit to help us. So relax, chill out, it's going to go well." Mirron nodded. "Thank you, I needed that. Well, shall we be off?"
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hein still had a surprised look on his face when he saw the undine talking to Mirron again.

"... A, what? Sorry, yes let's go to Erland. We can catch a ship to Jad and we can walk through the Rabite Forest and The Cave of Waterfalls to get to Wendel. They can tell us where we can find Wisp but I think his also in the Cave of Waterfalls if I'm not mistaken."

Hein pointed in the direction of Erland. "I came from there so I can lead if you want me to. If we incounter any enemies, I would need to fight them while you cast magic."