Seiken Densetsu Online RPG Project

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Str1ngS
Rabite

Post by Str1ngS »

Background and information:
I already had the idea for an Orpg of this great series a long time, but finaly i found an suitable engine, and the skill to start programming. The game is based on vbGORE (www.vbgore.com) and the language used is Visual Basic 6. I already started making some stuff. I'm still looking for people who would like to help. I could use a programmer, tile maker, map maker, story maker, and someone who would like to do some graphics (c.q. login screen, or a website). Offcourse this is a fan project, so I can't pay you, and also you don't need to help. Only do it when you realy like the world of mana (wrong forum to say that, every one here love's the game :D)

What I got so far:
-I got a lot of ripped sprites :D
-A fully functional MoleBear
-A semi-functional Rabite
-A nice GUI
-Day/Night time
-Fully functional week
-User information, the SD3 way

What I'm currently doing:

-Party options
-Playable character sprite
-Menu improvements

What I still need to do:
-Skills
-Items
-More sprites
-More Characters
-More NPC's
-Maps
-Story
-Sound

I am making the game with the sprites/music/sounds from SD3 wich i found on internet. Im not realy a pixel artist so I can't make/edit them myself very good, however I'm capable of making movable things out of the sprites I got.

Screens:

Movies:
www.blackviper.nl/plaatjes/SDMMOP.WMV
www.blackviper.nl/plaatjes/weeks.avi

Updates
-Finished coding on the week and day/night time
-Added some movies
Last edited by Str1ngS on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
captain_duck
Rabite

Post by captain_duck »

Looks nice enough, but how will the fighting system be? Boring click on the enemy and wait until he dies, or awesome SOM style running around attacking and dodging?
Str1ngS
Rabite

Post by Str1ngS »

captain_duck wrote:Looks nice enough, but how will the fighting system be? Boring click on the enemy and wait until he dies, or awesome SOM style running around attacking and dodging?
The engine I use, uses system which is sort of like the one in the mana games. I will do my best to perfect it in such a way, that it will be what you would expect from a mana game.

At current you use the control button to select the nearest target, and you also attack it if you are close enough. No freestyle attacking yet, tho
Last edited by Str1ngS on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

The hard thing to do is to use a gamepad driver or the keyboard (which is, I suspect, what you're after anyway) to move the character and have him interact with the environment depending on which way he's facing. This is decidedly better than most MMORPGs where, as captain_duck described, you click on a foe until he dies. Both styles are ubiquitous, with the former most common in Japanese games (SD series, Soul Blader/Blazer, etc.) and the latter in American games (Diablo II, WoW-- RO is an exception).
Str1ngS
Rabite

Post by Str1ngS »

And it's still alive. Here are some new movies! :d

Working on the Ring Menu
Traveling with Flammie

Please note that the game is still in early stages of development (since I'm doing everything alone :>) and that some stuff may change in te future!
Last edited by Str1ngS on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.