at last Zelda Phantom Hourglass!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Argh! I figured it was that easy, but Link just wouldn't jump on the darn thing. I think maybe my touchscreeen needs calibrated. <.<
Danny

Post by Danny »

Kimiko wrote:Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is on my wishlist. Do you think the price will go down soonish?
It most likely will the week before Chirstmas or maybe even earlier. The prices did when I got SwoM two years ago. Man, that was a day to remember!

*Ahem* Anyways, back on topic: I haven't yet got to play this game but from what I hear here, it's sounds good. :) However, the Future Shop near me gets stuff really late so I'll have to wait awhile before it becomes available. I haven't even seen any ads about it here.

Or maybe, I could get it in the U.S! The Canadian dollar is slightly higher than the U.S, I should take advantage of this and get it! I know my friends at school will and I wouldn't want to miss out on the action. I didn't really play to much of the other Zelda games but I might with this one.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
froglet
Lullabud

Post by froglet »

Danny wrote:
Kimiko wrote:Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is on my wishlist. Do you think the price will go down soonish?
It most likely will the week before Chirstmas or maybe even earlier. The prices did when I got SwoM two years ago. Man, that was a day to remember!
Hah hah - funnily enough, something similar happened to me when I went to get Sword of Mana (this was while I was still living overseas). I went up to the counter, chatted up the bloke there, and he told me that, in fact, the prices were coming down tomorrow, so if I swung by, I'd make a saving of a couple of pounds. Damn those guys at that shop were awesome - they gave me all the info required so I could make a massive saving. :-P

I've just finished the temple of courage - man that was annoying, particularly the boss battle - and what the hell is up with that Jolene chick... and why did she say "I haven't seen you in 100 years!"... she can't really mean a century, can she...? Yeah, sure that crate is 'good for the back', particularly for somebody as SPINELESS as our captain buddy... :-P Yeah, it's been fun...
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Tsurayu wrote:Argh! I figured it was that easy, but Link just wouldn't jump on the darn thing. I think maybe my touchscreeen needs calibrated. <.<
Tapping the post no worky? Ack. I had more trouble with getting Link to tumble into trees. The manual said to draw a quick circle, but it ended up being more of a back-and-forth squiggle on my DS.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

I'm about to finish the game!!! I just need to face the last part of the Ocean King Temple, and i really dont feel like doing it now.... I just find this Temple a pure drag. Definitly the worst thing in the game..... still i love playing.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I haven't been playing it too much recently. I've been playing Heroes of Mana. I just got it back from my friend. I accidently left it in his DS and he had it for over a week. <.<
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

IrishLuiz wrote:I'm about to finish the game!!! I just need to face the last part of the Ocean King Temple, and i really dont feel like doing it now.... I just find this Temple a pure drag. Definitly the worst thing in the game..... still i love playing.
The kniggets in the temple become a joke when you get new weapons. The most fun I had was going medieval with the Hammer. :party:
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Oh my goodness!

I got to play this at the DS demo stand in Target today and I enjoyed it so much! I seriously hope I get a DS of my very own, soon. :) Awesome controls. I really enjoy using the stylus in it. Very intuitive.

Peace,

manaman
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Post by kaze_no_hogosha »

I just picked up Phantom Hourglass, and I have to say it is a fun game. I haven't played a Zelda game in a long time and it was nice to pick up the series again. At first it was strange playing with basically just the stylus but after a while I got used to it. It's definitely a good game.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I got the game launch. All I have to say is that some of the puzzles are insane.
froglet
Lullabud

Post by froglet »

Enslaven00bs wrote:I got the game launch. All I have to say is that some of the puzzles are insane.
Yeah, I noticed that! Then again, after doing the second part of the temple all by myself, I got fed up and just got the guide - It's hella easier than figuring it out for yourself, because some of these stupid puzzles are so mind-bendingly bizzare that often I had to check it up on GameFAQs - having the guide book is heaps easier.
But I haven't been able to play it for a while, since I've been having exams - I'll just catch up on my gaming during the holidays - such as finishing Secret of Mana, which I had *barely* started.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Enslaven00bs wrote:I got the game launch. All I have to say is that some of the puzzles are insane.
No kidding. It seems like they aren't so much challenging in themselves, but figuring out how to start a puzzle. Haha
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Hm, I don't remember getting too stuck on the puzzles. A hallmark of many recent Zelda games is that a puzzle can be solved by using an item you got earlier. This one goes a step further and lets you use shortcuts in the Ocean Temple using new items (bombs and the hammer, for example).
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

OK, so I've just allowed myself to start playing this game, and while the control via stylus is kinda cool, rolling and slashing are a pain in the TOASTY. I'm really loving the boomerang though.

We'll see how long this lasts me, but if it's less than Link's Awakening I'll be disappointed
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah rolling was a pain. You never need to use it and it's not with a lot of value, so you don't even need to worry about that. As for the game keeping your interest... I think it will. XD