Greatest work of art. Ever.

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Varius41
Eye Spy

Post by Varius41 »

This is my current working computer. Yes, it works. It is in my room, and I have to live with the fear of it possibly exploding every night while I'm asleep.

The picture itself is pretty good too... it has a good composition to it. The bottom of the desk and the cords of the computer guide the eye around the picture, and the picture itself is balanced, with objects on both sides, and no large gaps of white space.

Anyways... Awesome PC, huh?
Makubesu
Blat

Post by Makubesu »

What are the specs?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'll take mine well done with a side order of fries, mate.
Varius41
Eye Spy

Post by Varius41 »

It's a whopping 800mghz p3 with 256 ram and a built-in 24meg video card, or something like that.

It's um... good. If you lived in the 20's with the amish.

Oh yeah, it's got TWO hardrives!

Surprisingly, it runs warcraft III.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Ugh. You really wonder why you live in fear of it exploding?
It's sitting on the floor, exposed to the elements within the enviroment that lay around it. Yes, I'm talking about those whopping dust-bunny's that are scattered throughout that corner, not to mention the other garbage and candy-wrappers laying about.
Also, it's a Dell. It's not "Dude! You've got a Dell! ROFLOMGLOLOLOLZ0R's!!!111one~". Dell's Power Supply's have a quite reputation of... well, simply put... Blowing up. (If anyone is willing to actually debate me on this, I have more then enough examples in my career as a fire fighter to go on this topic.)

So... Let's put two and two together, shall we?
Dusty enviroment + Exposed (more or less) faulty Power Supply = ....?
You justed it. A damn fine way to blow that section of the house out.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Faalstar wrote:Ugh. You really wonder why you live in fear of it exploding?
It's sitting on the floor, exposed to the elements within the enviroment that lay around it. Yes, I'm talking about those whopping dust-bunny's that are scattered throughout that corner, not to mention the other garbage and candy-wrappers laying about.
Also, it's a Dell. It's not "Dude! You've got a Dell! ROFLOMGLOLOLOLZ0R's!!!111one~". Dell's Power Supply's have a quite reputation of... well, simply put... Blowing up. (If anyone is willing to actually debate me on this, I have more then enough examples in my career as a fire fighter to go on this topic.)

So... Let's put two and two together, shall we?
Dusty enviroment + Exposed (more or less) faulty Power Supply = ....?
You justed it. A damn fine way to blow that section of the house out.
Agreed. Dell indeed known for faulty power supplies (Even in Australia, うはwwwwww) my friend has a dell laptop and it often needs repairing. He calls it Adele. (ay-dell for you untrendy folk).

Seriously, put a case on that thing, get rid of the dust, protect your house.

And that friend of mine, he's done better :p
Krow
Mushboom

Post by Krow »

That is one of hte most beautiful things I have seen in quite awhile just because im a nerd who enjoys classic computer **** I still have y first comp which is a 8inch monitor and a custom built comp with win95 on it :D.Ahh i remember playing starcraft my first rts and doom off of floppy discs those were the days.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Hey... I have a fan just like that in my room. But, I have a desk. And... it's totally worthless on top of the desk.

Are there any advantages to not using a case? I would think there are, but I'm no hardware engineer.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

The J Person wrote:Are there any advantages to not using a case? I would think there are, but I'm no hardware engineer.
Yes and no, but if your not really performance inclined, then it's nothing really you should concern yourself with.

But if you do want to know, ask me.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

That ain't the PC you're using. The one you have glows!
What even happened to that one in the picture?
Did it really explode?

Dang it, this is an old topic.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

the computer says: Kill me! Kill me!
in a creepy voice :P
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I'm concerned with improving the performance of my compy for like... games usage. My graphics card is a semi-old model Nvidia, so it can do some things, but not others. The processor is also kinda old. Anywho... back to... er, what I was doing.