Dawn of Mana fanart ;)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

It's Ritzia!

Done from 4:00pm-8:19pm, with a one hour phonecall inbetween, but i still worked on it while talking. yey multitasking :3! Used openCanvas.

I'm totally in love with this game so far as the new screens and scans look, couldnt help myself to draw Ritzia... Didnt draw her rabite though, kind of realised while doing this that i really cant draw them O_o..
(I took some liberties on her outfit, some things are a little different.)

anwyays, comments and critiques welcome.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Awesome looking picture!

I love the folds in the cloth, and the way the hair turned out.
Man, awesome job!
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

This was done in OpenCanvas?
... wow. I've seen some good stuff, and this is good, too. :D
I see the work of a tablet... what kind do you use?

If I had to critique anything, I'd say the lineart, but you have your own style and I don't wanna come off as being mean (I do sometimes, apparently). Other than the jagginess, I have nothing to comment on, and that can be chalked up to not having a pre-sketch done on paper first, I bet.
Also, I love the coloring here... good job!

If I had a chance to ask, I'd wanna do a collab (I'd look foward to doing that with anyone here who does art ^^; since all my friends where I live have trouble drawing stick figures and I don't get the opportunity). But I need to get my other stuff out of the way, anyway. ^^; I kinda suck at keeping up on my workload (even though none of it is mandatory). I need to post some of my stuff up here someday...
Last edited by The J Person on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

ooh thankyou both of you :)!

@The J Person, i use a Graphire Wacom thingy, its brand new from my old one so this was my first pice playing around with it (its weirdly stiff to draw with, but over this it softened up).
haha, about the lineart, i was playing around with a new colouring style. The lineart itself is the scetch, but just cleaned up a whole lot (not not too much). I have trouble with really clean clean lines :/, but i'll keep your critique in mind :)

I wouldnt mind a collab at all! My visits here are few and far between, becuase i only submit art when its Seiken Densertsu related :P, so you might have to e-mail me.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

if you want i can upload them to the gallery
andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

Sure, I wouldnt mind at all Wai :)
andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

SOrry for the double post, but i didn't want to create a new post-topic thing for this, but heres Tumble from Children of Mana:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8539 ... colnl4.png
It keeps getting ugly decompression when i put it up, so sorry for the link :(

And also, a scrappy picture i did of the hero from Dawn of Mana (i have noidea what his name is, for some reason i think its Eldy.)

Last edited by andyhello on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Man, I love your art style!
The sketchyness looks sweet, it really fits the Seiken Densetsu characters, the original art of the characters has kind of the same feel.
Keep up the awesome work!
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Here's a user-name I haven't seen in awhile.
Most excellent job, is about all that I have to say.
Not being a artist of paper and pencil, I can't really say "I love your style" etc, or critique it in a way that would be beneficial to yourself or the picture.
But I must say, I am jealous of your artistic nature. :)

Oh, but if I do have something to input, I would most definitely would have to say...
Needs more cookies :P