Papa Roach Concert 2006

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I could post this under Entertainment, but i's more an experience to me than it is listening to music.

Okay, i've went to the concert of Papa Roach last night in the city Tilburg in the south of The Netherlands. They were on tour because of their new album "The Paramour Sessions". The Netherlands wass the last stop on their European Tour.

I went there with my friend Joey by my mom's car. Joey and i have already been to concerts of The Offspring and 3 Doors Down, which were awesome too. It was a bit more than one hour of driving to the concert and everything went smooth.

We role in when the support act already started. It was some band from the US, which… did… well… they were rocking, but missed the spark. Sometimes they received some clapping and cheers. One one moment, when the band was already finished, the leadsinger had a speech and said to be happy to be in Belgium.... Belgium!! blech! And so the whole crowd whistled and boo-ed and threw beer, water and cans of coke towards him. He really got pissed. After two more songs the crowd was still boo-ing and they left the stage. Than the gitarist came back with the microphone and aploagized. when he said "thank you Holland", the crowd cheered and applaused and everything was fine.

Then Papa Roach came on stage 30 minutes after the support act left. They emidiatly started off with "To be loved", which is the first song of their new album and also the latest single released. The whole crowd went mad ina good way. Joey and I were standing in the middle of the crowd, and deceided to go up front. Just two steps away and we were pushed against each other with the whole crowd. I lost Joey somewhere. I got in front, tried to make some pics but failed and went to the safe part where we were standing before, which gave us the perfect view on some nice girls standing before and next to us and ofcourse on the band.

Joey didn't drank that much beer, and i was on bottles of coke. I nthe beginning we smelled the smoke of a joint, but that seemed to be all. All people there were nice and decent. If someone wanted to pass or if you wanted to pass through the crowd, they asked and said sorry. hehehe... Even in the supermarket they aren't that nice to you. Most of the songs were from the new album, but sometimes they had a few from older albums like broken home, between angels and insects, blood brothers, she loves me not, getting away with murder and many others. They've played for about 70~80 minutes and every minute was rocking!!

I've missed the last two concerts and was happy to enjoyed this moment. And dammit, i might even say that visiting too many concerts causes a permanent hearingproblem.

All pics are located here: http://mellberg.hjhosting.nl/rommel/PapaRoach/
thanx for reading.

Kyatto.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

People being polite at a Papa Roach concert? Interesting. Haha.

Man, just listening to iPods and stuff will give you a hearing problem, so you might as well go to as many concerts as you can.

Was it raining there? A few of the pictures look spotty.

For having a good time I didn't see you looking very happy in that one picture of you and your friend, your friend there was always smiling, but not you Sabin. You looked angry. ANGRY FUN FACE!

This picture was fun: http://mellberg.hjhosting.nl/rommel/Pap ... Small).JPG

Glad you had a good time man, maybe I should go to a concert sometime, I've only been to one, and it was kind of a weird one... I dunno.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Even though I really, extremely, loathe that band....
It sounds like you did have alot of fun. :)
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

i did!
and raining? no it was indoors, but i need to clean my camera though... :P
yes, it was fun! :D