Seiken Densetsu 3 Doujinshi

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Post by kaze_no_hogosha »

Okay since there is much need for more fan stuff here at Seikens I have decided to start a fan comic adaptation of SD3. I think I saw other SD3 Doujinshi on eBay but those were for profit and not in English. In any case I have already got a couple of pages drawn and the main story points plotted. I am going to make Duran the main character just because if you are going to have someone pull out the Sword of Mana it might as well be the swordsman. I am also going to have everyone in the party. I have a good idea on how to include everyone's storyline. The first six chapters will be everyone's backstories starting with Duran. This will be good practice for me because I am considering creating my own original comic some day. This is my adaptation, think of it like a fanfic but drawn out. I'll try to put new pages up every couple of days. I don't really have anything else to say so here's a teaser.;*

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, this sounds pretty awesome!

Can't wait to see it go into motion, mind if we feature it on the main page of the site?
Maybe this will help me to finally get a fan stuff section into the works XD
Danny

Post by Danny »

Indeed this is a great idea! Your choice of Duran for a main character was also very wise. A swordsman who's father was a knight of gold which fought the Dragon Emperor is the best and most fitting person to withdraw the Sword of Mana.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Sheexy wrote:Mind if we feature it on the main page of the site?
Sure go ahead! That would be awesome!=*)
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Ugh... School work is totally killing me. In any case here's page 01 of chapter 01. It didn't turn out as good as I would have liked but whatever. I'll admit I do get crazy with the screentones.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'll get a news things ready for this tomorrow, looking good!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

Very fun! I'm quite excited. Thanks for the post!

Peace,

manaman
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Definitely looks very good.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Heh, I completly agree that this is awesome! I can't wait to see more of this! Also, are you playing SD3 as Duran while drawing this? I imagine that you would to get all the correct dialogue and story line.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Ha ha funny you mention that. Yeah I am playing the game as I am writing out the script. I was doing that at school yesterday and someone asked me if I was writing out the game's script and then asked why I would do that.:P
Last edited by kaze_no_hogosha on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Made a news post directing here.

Gonna work on getting the fan pages started and having a special section for your doujin where you can view by chapters, etc. but I gotta get Dekky to help me out.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Thanks for the news post Sheexy! I look forward to the new section. This project is going to be so much fun to do! :D
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

I want to give you all a heads up. I haven't forgotten about this little project of mine. I'll post the new page either tomorrow or the next day. My fall term at school just got done and it was killer. Lucky in my winter term I don't have nearly as much work to do. Just wanted to let you all know.
Last edited by kaze_no_hogosha on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Ugh... forget what I said earlier. A lot of bad things have been happening to me this past week. My scanner isn't working again, (I probably should buy a new one. The one I have is really old...), the wireless internet is down in my building (probably due to that huge storm we just had, I forgot how slow dial up is -__ ), and I'm not happy with the way this pages are turning out. I'll try to get the new pages up soon. I just hate all these set backs that I'm having.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

It happens, don't sweat it, just keep plugging away (just ask Piro of Megatokyo). Looks like you've got a good start to the dojinshi so far, looking forward to the next page.