Does anyone like Dream Theater?

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

SUNSOFT
Lullabud

Post by SUNSOFT »

They're an amazing band. "Live At Budokan" is one of the best live albums I've ever heard. I was originally afraid to listen to them, because one of their songs was called "Pull Me Under", but then I looked into them more and realized they weren't bad at all. Great band! Only discs of theirs I have are Images And Words, Awake, and Live At Budokan. Awake isn't that good, but Live At Budokan and Images And Words are amazing albums. The star attraction on IAW for me is the song "Another Day". That song is so beautiful.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

After Six Degrees of Turbulence, I kinda stopped paying attention to them and neglected them for awhile but slowly picking them up again.

Seen them play a few times in Montreal, Quebec.

Awesome band.

If you liked them, you *might* like God Speed You Black Emperor and Do Say Make Think.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

One of my favorite bands and I can't think of too many songs of their's I don't like so... yeah.
judas0
Rabite

Post by judas0 »

It´s my vaforite band, they are the best musicians in the world, i think (at least in their style...). I saw them last month here in Madrid and it was an amazing show!

But godspeed you black emperor... i find them quite boring (only heard 1 song xD)
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Apparently Dream Theater is doing something in Melbourne next year, I'm so there if I have the money. They're a freaking awesome band. :D
SUNSOFT
Lullabud

Post by SUNSOFT »

"Another Day" would be a great track to dedicate to Ahmet Ertegun, being that he died last year, and he was the chairman and co-founder of their former label "Atlantic Records", and Images and Words was one of the albums released through there.