Sword of Mana

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

After off and on gameplay for about a year, I finally committed myself to completing Sword of Mana this weekend. It was okay, but I feel I probably missed out not having been consistent with the game. The game has potential, I just was not giving it a fair chance. I have decided to run through the game once again (this time with Hero vice Heroine) and give it another shot.

I think one of the barriers I am experiencing is that I am comparing the Seiken titles I play to Secret of Mana (which really needs a GBA release in its own right). What I should do is approach each of the Seiken titles as new stories in an amazing series offering no comparison. See them for what they are, if you will.

At any rate this is my two cents to the board.
Last edited by rrfish on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I already beat Sword of mana a long time ago, but only with the Hero. If you need any help at all, just feel free to ask me. We're all friends, right? (A cold wind blows on my back)...
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

hmmm.. maybe i should play SwoM again too. my swom cartridge is laying somewhere and collecting dust. i really should play that again, but i dont have much time now :(

rrfish, if you dont mind, we can race to the finish :P start at the same time and see who beats the game first :D that would motivates me to play the game
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Ting to resist temptation to join in.... Trying to resist...
Major Tom
Mushboom

Post by Major Tom »

I too actually recently picked up Sword of Mana again. I never finished it, but I've just messed with it for fun. I always found it the most enjoyable thus far. Sumo (Hero) was always very interesting to me, and very different compared to other heroes. But I intend to finish the original Final Fantasy Adventure first.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I was also thinking of playing sword of mana again. But, I just beat Sd3 again this week!
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

If you can give me a week or so, I am all up for the challenge. My wife to our DS with her to California and I left my SwoM cartridge inside of it. She'll return on 3 Dec 06, so I can begin then. What do you say?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ha, ha, ha! Sounds like a challenge. Sure thing, just tell me when to start and we'll begin!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

i think i can start around 8th december. since thats the last day of my work. then i have more than to my life and all that.

*note* i have both school and work at the same time. its not that my work takes all my time
Danny

Post by Danny »

Same here Wai. I'm only 15 and already, I work and go to school! (Grade 10). Strange, eh!
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I'd join you guys, but Im too busy with Children of Mana
Danny

Post by Danny »

Well, we're all kind of even Duran. Tell us when you have the time. Oh and by the way, Duran is my favorite charcter from Seiken Densetsu 3, along with Angela and Hawkeye. ^_^
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Duran,

Now now...come on. I know you want to join in on the fun. I am working through SD3, SoM, WoW, and a few side writing projects. I'm full active duty with a family. If I can do it anyone can. So...what do you say?

(Guilt trip anyone?)

-Reverend Rumble Fish
Danny

Post by Danny »

You're right about that RRFish! I also started playing SoM again. Who else is in on the fun!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm very tempted, however I would be able to do a better job of competing in January. December not a great month for free time.