Strange login error.

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've been recently experiencing some problems with loging in here. I have to login in about three times to actually login. And some times, it says that I'm online after I log out. I have to log back in then log out again, the whole process takes a while... And if I just leave the page and don't log out, then it says that I'm loged in yet I'm not. I'm really confused here. Is anyone else having this problem or is my windows ME busted? I can't wait to get my XP back from my older sister. She's using mine until she gets a new one since the last one she bought was damaged. Darn store takes so long to get a new one. It sucks using old computers, one month seems a lot time to wait now... -__-
Last edited by Danny on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I've never had that problem. Sounds like the characteristics of an exploited XSS vulnerability.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Danny wrote:And some times, it says that I'm online after I log out.
I think that is just that it has a certain amount of time before it times you out maybe.
Though I guess if you clicked log out it shouldn't be doing that.

Weird.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Windows ME was busted from day 1. It is the most sucky OS Microsoft ever made.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Ailise wrote:Windows ME was busted from day 1. It is the most sucky OS Microsoft ever made.
I'll second that. My old computer was an ME. I was using that thing for years before it finally kicked the bucket.
Danny

Post by Danny »

It's working now after I deleted my temporary internet files and cookies, ran disk clean up, scan disk, disk defragment then re-started it. That took a while... Luckly the Future Shop guys said that my sister will get her Windows XP Home Edition by the end of this month. I can't wait to get mine back! ^_^
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

cookies and cache files are usually the villain in these cases

After ME, Vista got to be the second worst OS. Vista SP1 might fix that
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Seriously I don't think Vista is that bad.
It's just a little bit of a annoying with the user control thingy.
And it takes a lot of resources.
But I still haven't got any real problems with it yet.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Deques wrote:cookies and cache files are usually the villain in these cases
True, but why? Do they block certain sites or does it accumulte to the point where it can't load any more pages? Well, at least now I know that I have to delete the temporary internet files and cookies once in a while.

As for Vista, it has some nice features, but which can sometimes get annoying. My XP doesn't have Vista installed and it works great. Besides, I heard it also blocks some features too. The resources it takes up is also pretty much. My XP with Avira is all I need to keep my PC healthy. :)
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Danny wrote:True, but why?
Because it depends on the OS and what version of web browser and a lot of other things.
Basically it's a compability error, in which the browser don't understand the new instructions and what to do with the files, so it just leaves it there.
Danny wrote:My XP doesn't have Vista installed and it works great.
Vista is not some sort of add-on to XP. It's a new windows OS. ^^
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny wrote:My XP doesn't have Vista installed and it works great.
Ailise wrote:Vista is not some sort of add-on to XP. It's a new windows OS. ^^
Then I wonder why the Future Shop people keep asking me if I want to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista. They make it sound like an add-on. Not changing computers, just setting up some new program... My father's laptop came with Vista and it eludes me. I guess that I've just gotten to used to and attached to my Windows XP home edition the way it is. Office edition is also pretty strange, my mother has one at work.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Because it an upgrade. Vista is like version 6, and XP is version 5. If you go from 5 to 6, its an upgrade. if its going from 5.0 to 5.1 its an update.
you simply upgrade to a supposedely better software from a crapier one.

sometimes the cache can cause problems with the files you download while surfing around. maybe outdated files arent removed when there are new ones.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I can see how some people are totally against Vista. It definitely does what it was designed to do "keep dumb people from messing with and/or deleting important files on the computer, and to limit your access into editing files" and since I don't usually edit files on my computer I rarely have a bone to pick with Vista, but I can understand.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Actually you can do everything with Vista as with XP. The annoying thing is something like this:
You want to rename your mp3 file. You select a file and choose rename. After you rename, the explorer ask you: Are you sure you want to rename? yes or no.
If you pick "yes", then windows user control pop-ups and ask something like: Explorer want to rename name a file, are you sure? allow or no.
After you pick allow, the file renames and a new pop-up comes and say: File successfully renamed! Press ok.

(Ok just renaming file doesn't do that. But this is like the normal protocol you have to go through each time you want to do something, it just sucks.)
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well XP and Vista are the same if you go through removing or bypassing the security. I know, at least on Home Edition, that you can not normally even edit a file that is in Program Files not to mention System 32 without bypassing security even on the Owner account (my computer came pre-packaged with Vista so the 'Root Admin' account isn't me. XD) Renaming crap and using copying everything over was just way too much of a pain for the brief time I was modding games where I had to edit files like all the time.

So I either had to go through annoying crap with the Command Prompt or uninstall Vista entirely and start over again where I am the Owner in more than just name. XD
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.