Tales of Vesperia

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29217.html

Woot, another new Tales of game, this time not for DS but for a far more powerful console. Whichever it is, its unknown.

The graphic style looks similiar to Symphonia, celshading. Thats what I can tell from the trailer. Maybe its for PS2.

Still waiting for Abyss to come in Europe, if its ever gonna
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Awesome that certainly made my day. Yeah, graphically it looks like it could be for the Sixth Gen still, or at least it could be for the Wii, which would make me happy, but if it was on the Seventh Gen it would be the deciding factor for me on which system I get aside from the Wii. Hehe.

There has been a claim that when the originally put the video up that X Box 360 was in the meta tags if someone viewed the source page, but somehow I really doubt there is a plan with Microsoft to have the Tales games.

I'm stil waiting for international releases of Tempest and Innocence. I'm not overly concerned about seeing the releases of the remakes like Destiny and what have you, but I do want to see any of the truly new games, and of course Ratatosk better see international.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Yeah, it got me worried when there were xbox360 in the meta tags. No Tales of games were released to any of MS' consoles before. All the recent games are all released for either PSP, PS2 or DS.
The Namco has released games for all of the latest generation consoles. But since Tales of games are developed by their sub studio: Namco Tales, the chance are that it can only be PS3 exclusive. But we never know
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well I know there have been rumors, and it's true for Eternal Sonata, that a lot of the RPGs are going dual platform, which would be nice.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Nothin' but the trailer on official site, though its English Wikipedia says a Wii release is possible (720p res on the trailer).
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Apparently Sakuraba's English site mentioned Tales of Vesperia and had the XBox 360 listed as the platform until it was quickly removed as well once people started making note of it.

I really hope it won't be for XBox, but if it is I at least hope it will be dual platform. I freaking hate Microsoft and don't really want to be caught dead with an XBox. <.<
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Tales of Vesperia is now confirmed for the XBox360. Ugh, dark times...

Though it is said that a port to the Playstation 3 is not out of the question. I'm looking for that to happen since they did the same thing for Eternal Sonata, plus I think they are underestimating system loyalties and that the game would sell considerably better on the PS3. *shrugs*

There are some interesting claims, though I'm assuming there is nothing to back them up, that Vesperia is slated for a 2008 release in the United States because they want to release it for the 10 year anniversary of the Tales series in the United States.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

It all depends on how the sale goes in Japan, if its crappy like Eternal Sonata then it would be a port to PS3. Thats I am hoping for :D Well I dont have a PS3 nor do I have 360
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I suppose it doesn't really matter that much to me. I like to act like I have some huge angst against the XBox, but I don't really. In fact as long as SO4 would be for the 360 as well then I wouldn't complain and would just pick up a 360 somewhere down the road. I just don't want to end up having to buy all three of the systems to play all the games I want.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Uh, I'm not sure where this comes from. I'm trying to confirm the story, but with little success so far. But apparently Wikipedia claims that Namco Bandai JP announced that Tales of Vesperia will be released in Japan and the United States on the same day in September.

*must find story NOW*

Edit: I deleted it from Wikipedia. If someone isn't going to bother to source it than it doesn't belong on Wiki. Wish it were true though. xd
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

hehe, dont use wiki as news source
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well the claim that Namco Bandai wants to release the game a few days apart in Japan and the United States is true, but there is no set date. Gamespot and IGN started this crap by making up this June 24th date and now everyone wants to stick to it. God, I hate Gamespot and IGN they are the source of like ALL gaming controversy. -_-

I can't count the amount of times myself and other Wikipedian has had to revert the June 24th date on the ToV wiki article. -_-;
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

So there are several updates for anyone who is interested:

- Release date of August 7 (Japan); August 19 (United States); 2009 (Europe); Summer 2008 (Asia)

- There is also a Tales of Vesperia demo on the JPN Live Market
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Big bump

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/01/tales ... s-for-psp/

Tales of Vesperia is coming to PS3, in Japan.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Deques wrote:Big bump

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/01/tales ... s-for-psp/

Tales of Vesperia is coming to PS3, in Japan.
Hmm, I smell April Fool's. <.<