Dwarf Village? - Seiken Densetsu 3

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

g_li_n
Rabite

Post by g_li_n »

hello,

i just started playing today. i need to get to the dwarf village to get gun powder for the cannon. i know that i'm supposed to go to the goddess statue and summon wisp do some magic on it, but exactly how am i supposed to summon him?

i've read a gazillion walkthroughs that say the same thing: go to the statue and use wisp on it. but umm.. yeah. the only spells that i can cast are mp/hp spells with the midget, and an icy attack with the girl. am i missing something??

any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Hi g_li_n.

When you're at the statue, talk to it in the same way you would one of the townsfolk, and you should examine the statue. The Ring Menu should then appear asking you what you want to use with the statue, and it's at this point that you should scroll through the rings to find the one with Fairy and Wisp, and select Wisp.

Let us know if this doesn't solve the puzzle. Hope this helps. :)
g_li_n
Rabite

Post by g_li_n »

thanks for your help, kassidy. i figured it out: one of the female townspeople wandering near the right side told me where the gun powder could be found, so i went to the statue but nothing happened. so i went back to the town and talked to the man that was initially blocking the golden path. he also told me where it was, but i guess you need to speak to him to activate the next part.

i think this small detail should be written into the walkthroughs; it'll save players from a lot of frustrated wandering in that part. i was starting to think that i was going crazy because i couldn't follow the characters' instructions. heh =)
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

The walkthrough that you can find in the site, clearly say that you have to talk with the old man to activate the next part.

Dunno if you read this walkthrough.
We arent the ones that wrote the walkthroughs, so you should contact the writers instead of pointing it to us.
Happy new year
g_li_n
Rabite

Post by g_li_n »

i took a second look at the walkthrough on this site and i see it now.

that last part in my reply wasn't directed to anyone in particular. it just sucked going through walkthroughs and tips pages, none of which indicated that speaking to the nameless old man was imperative to the game's progression, even though the other townspeople provide clear instructions of where to go, as well.

oh, well. i'm sure this isn't the hardest part of the game, anyway. うはwwwwww

happy new year to you, too