Secret of Mana: Origins of Thanatos (not the masked spirits)

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Thanatos-Zero
Rabite

Secret of Mana: Origins of Thanatos (not the masked spirits)

Post by Thanatos-Zero »

When I was searching for lore, I came across at one point to your side before I joined.
It was said, that Thanatos came from Mavolia. However nowhere in Secret of Mana was stated that he came from this place, except that he made a pact with the underworld a long time ago. I wish to know the exact sources for Thanatos, because for the project I have in mind I really need acurate information for the fanmade expansion for Secret of Mana.

Also, if there are any sourcebooks of the world of mana series, I would be interrested to get my hands on them either way as PDF or as the real thing.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Secret of Mana: Origins of Thanatos (not the masked spir

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I don't have my SoM books with me right now to look at the character stuff, but I don't recall seeing anything about Thanatos and Mavolia. That might be from the iPhone or Android version? I haven't played through that all the way yet to see the changes in the text.

As far as sourcebooks for the Mana series, there is a big Mana book out that mostly goes through the more recent games, I don't have that with me either... sorry!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Yeah, as far as I know Mavolia is a post Sword of Mana concept. I found a couple of references online to Thanatos and Vandole being from Mavolia, but it states this is based on "cut content" without substantiating exactly what.

Other sources say that the "underworld" that Thanatos, Vandole et al come from is referred to as Mavolia in the original script, but this is not the case either. Makai is the name used, that is Demon World.
Thanatos-Zero
Rabite

Post by Thanatos-Zero »

Well Mavolia and the Makai are but one and the same, since Anise, Dark Prince Strout and Drakonis (Tiamat) were all at a point the Archdemon (Daimaoh), the sovereign ruler of that realm. And it seems, that killing a Mavole seems only to be temporally setback, as Drakonis came back, even after he was killed.