Memories of Mana - a Seiken Densetsu Side Story

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

xpace
Lullabud

Post by xpace »

Hey! I just happened to stumble across an awesome-looking, free, fan-created Seiken RPG game! It's called "Memories of Mana" and it has the phrase "Seiken Densetsu Side Story" listed in the "Work's Appeal" category. :heart: I found it while browsing here:

RPG Maker Website > Game Bulletin Board > Registration Game List
(PS: Notice all the other cool RPG games? ^_^)

And here is the project located on the official website (the left one):

:hof: Atelier RGSS > Projects

Here's a screenshot:

And more gorgeous, mouth-watering screens can be found here:

Memories of Mana > Screens

Unfortunately, there is a problem. The game's story was written in Portugese, as is most of their website. I managed to use AltaVista's Babelfish to translate part of the website.

Here is Babelfish's (poorly done) translation of the story:
The events occur one year Seiken Densetsu 3 after. The historia happens in a called world Celetial Island where they are the souls before being considered for its acts in vida.Se you was a good person in life anger for the sky contrary case will pay for its acts in the hell. In this world that is a mixture of past, gift and future, the souls wait for its destination, either good or bad it. But it exists a soul that denied its destination, and desires to leave this world before it is judged by its acts that committed in life. E now the world of the souls runs a great danger, as well as the world them livings creature, therefore one old one badly that before it was banished desires to return to the life. It will be that Angela will obtain to hinder that this occurs?
Fortunately, it appears that almost everything except the story is in English. So I suspect that it's at least playable to the rest of us.

Also, I noticed that a few small parts of their website were in English. I suspect one or more of their members are fluent in English, especially since this game was created in an RPG Maker. Perhaps if this community were to approach them with a roast Rabite and politely beg them they might consider releasing an English translation?
Last edited by xpace on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Well I played a little bit and I like it. I wish it was in English so I would know what the hell I'm suppose to do. The graphics are great but the animation is choppy in some parts. The music sounds like your typical mana game. The controls are a bit awkward but I guess that's my fault for not looking at the manual. I don't like the fact that I can't configure a gamepad to it. You have to use the keyboard which feels really unnatural. I have a zboard but I don't think any of the keysets will help. I don't like the hours of dialogue in the game. If it was in English it wouldn't be so bad, but it's not so I find myself smashing enter until I can control my character. The gameplay is really good. Like a mana game smacking around your enemies.

The hardest part is getting the game to run. You have to get the RTP Standard which is also on the download page.

Even though I have a lot of complaints it's still a nice find.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Hmm, I might have to check that out myself. It does look very beautiful.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Re: Memories of Mana - a Seiken Densetsu Side Story

Post by bastian »

And, two and a half years later, I figured out how to fully translate both this game and its sequel into English. You're welcome. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?5744v5tkfbegz4z