Chapter 4-Boss: Stroud

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

I noticed while playing DoM last night that Stroud leaves himself open. Is it possible that he does the same thing on the other difficulties (Normal, Hard, and Ultimate). I'm on chapter 4 on hard and I'm having a bit of trouble due to the the traps don't help and I forgot to equip the master of ice emblem. I hate to restart this mission because I found a rare pet egg in the captain room. Unfortunately I can't get back into that room, I found it by dumb luck.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What I did for the hard battle was just knock the big spike balls into him, but when I played through on ultimate I went to the area where the big air cannon things are and jumped around on top of them smacking them.

Eventually it'd knock out Stroud and all of his clones and get some pretty high panics on them.
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

I'll have to try that. Thanks. Would using the emblem that increases the duration of Hexaorbs a good idea as well.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I've never used those emblems, I was just using the ones that boost HP, Attack and Magic power and then like, the ones that make items drop more.
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

Hmm k do you have any advice for quickly removing Stroud's ice balls that shield him. I found hexaorbs work. However when he has em up the traps don't really help. Also what would you do when he duplicates. This is abit of a problem as well. Thanks.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I dunno why but I never had trouble with the ice things around him. I don't even remember seeing them after I figured the wind cannon thing out.

Seriously all I did was jump around on top of the cannons and drop the sword on them to make them fire. Then when Stroud started grunting I'd run down and take a few slashes at him, then jump right back up there.
The wind would knock out the clones too, but I never killed them, I just ignored them because Stroud doesn't stay stunned too long.

I think it knocks the ice off of him, I dunno.

Sometimes hopping on the cannons can be hard, so maybe just slash them from the front and run around them a lot. If you get hit by their wind it doesn't hurt you too bad.
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

Alright I'll try that.