Edible Secret of Mana Scene

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

SeraphimWings
Mushboom

Post by SeraphimWings »

Hey, First post here at the boards. Been around for a while though.

I figured with easter and all coming soon I thought I'd share a project I did last year In Culinary Arts-Baking.
Everything was edible, although most wasn't eaten.
The bigger rabite's body was half of a sugar egg(the project was to make a scene out of it), while the smaller ones and the big one's ears, eyes, and teeth are made out of marzipan.
I also have the Secret characters made out of Flow icing, But i forgot to get a pic of the whole project, so you can fill in the empty spots.
The scene was basically to have the three rabites in the back, and the characters in front doing their "victory" poses, held up by some green marzipan.

I just want to hear what the people of this community have to say about it.
Thanks.

Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

...O.o; I think I have a toothache just from looking at all that sugary goodness. XD But beyond that; very cute! I especially like the one you did with the ears over its eyes. ^.^

How long did it take to do all that?
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Wow, you caught the victory poses really well. You must be a real fan if you did that from memory. Image

But, yeah, it's a bit toothachy to imagine eating all that. Maybe just a little nibble each day. Image
Ha, with all the sugar, it should have some round drops and pakkun chocolate in there Image
Last edited by Kimiko on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeraphimWings
Mushboom

Post by SeraphimWings »

I'll confess, The victory poses were actually traced...sorta, i had a print out of each to use as reference (put under parchment paper to trace^-^;)
But the whole thing took roughly a week and a half of 1 hour classes.
My teacher thought it looked cool to.
As for the sugar, i never really got any, my friends attacked the characters after they snapped in half. except popie...who somehow stayed whole on the ride home, but was then given up to a friend.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Haha, neat! How'd they taste?
Those icing characters had to have tasted awesome, yeah? I freakin' love icing like that.
Gonna do anymore?

The only food related Mana thing I've done was a Mushboom sandwich I did cause I was bored:
http://www.seikens.com/?p=219#more-219
It didn't taste very good D:

Now you're making me wanna do more.
Maybe I'll get my act together and do something similar for an Easter update for the site.
Lumineux
Werewolf

Post by Lumineux »

That's incredibly adorable looking! And it looks tasty, for all it's probably sugar-shock waiting to happen. Still, it somehow makes perfect sense, given we're talking about rabites here.

I admire your culinary creativity. ^.^ Excellent job~!
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Wow...They look tasty...
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Haha, that is pretty awesome.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ha ha ha! Excellent! I laugh because of the awesome cuteness of it all. It turned out very good. Hats off, hats off. ;)