What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by manaman »

Currently I'm playing The Ur-Quan Masters on my newly Linux-ified PC and a hodgepodge of new and retro console games.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Ur-Quan Masters! So much humor in that game :)
Do you have the full voice pack installed? Don't play without it, it multiplies the humorousness 100×.
And get the Precursors music packs too while you're at it. Those are just awesome.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Thanks Kimiko,

Yeah, I think I am. I don't even know how to check, though. I do love the humor. It's super awesome. I've never played through it. This is the farthest I've ever gotten and I'm probably only scratching the surface. It's totally epic in scale. You really feel you're navigating through space.

Peace,

manaman
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

Theathrythm Final Fantasy for 3ds and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

http://www.ftlgame.com/

Faster than light.

This game is super fun. It's a spaceship roguelike, so expect to die a lot, but you'll have an amazing time doing so. If you read my review about Flotilla before (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1325&p=33990&hilit=flotilla#p33990) you can get an idea of a game that it's similar to, and I'd say exceeds. They've got completely different combat, but Faster than light definitely has more depth to it. Great fun the both of them though.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:http://www.ftlgame.com/

Faster than light.

This game is super fun. It's a spaceship roguelike, so expect to die a lot, but you'll have an amazing time doing so. If you read my review about Flotilla before (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1325&p=33990&hilit=flotilla#p33990) you can get an idea of a game that it's similar to, and I'd say exceeds. They've got completely different combat, but Faster than light definitely has more depth to it. Great fun the both of them though.
I second this. Get Faster Than Light if you don't have it. It's $9, DRM free, Multiplatform, and Steam Key.

Almost a year later I am finally playing through Skyward Sword. I'm in the fourth dungeon (first sacred flame), So far it's best Zelda game.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

DeadWolf wrote: I second this. Get Faster Than Light if you don't have it. It's $9, DRM free, Multiplatform, and Steam Key.

Almost a year later I am finally playing through Skyward Sword. I'm in the fourth dungeon (first sacred flame), So far it's best Zelda game.
DeadWolf,

Skyward Sword = best Zelda game? Bold claim but you've peaked my interest. 'Link To The Past' is far and away my favorite but, while I've played most of the Zelda games, I haven't played them all. The Minish Cap was fun as were the old Gameboy games but I wasn't a big fan of the new generation of games. How difficult have you found Skyward Sword so far?
Despite my somewhat premature claim on another thread that Final Fantasy III for the DS was fairly easy I just got CRUSHED by the final boss earlier today. My fear is that I've chosen the wrong job types and am going to have to do some grinding before going back for round two.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

back on BF3 here.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Almost a week after that last post and untold hours spent getting 2/3 of the way or more to the end, only to die with great dishonor, I finally beat FF3 for the DS. Up until that point the game was, in a word, easy. The last castle and ensuing multiple boss fights that have to be done without the benefit of a save weren't simply difficult, they were mind-numblingly frustrating and have forced me to conclude that FF3 is a game that I'll never play again. I appreciate games with a gradual increase in difficulty that culminates in a genuinely difficult boss fight (Phantasy Star 2 comes to mind). A game that you've more or less breezed through only to get squashed like a grape at the very end is just maddening.
Rant over. End transmission.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Today I created a USAian PSN account so I could buy Chrono Cross and Legend Of Mana. I'm now playing the latter. Ahh. Such a lovely game it is :heart:
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Khyron wrote:
DeadWolf wrote: I second this. Get Faster Than Light if you don't have it. It's $9, DRM free, Multiplatform, and Steam Key.

DeadWolf,

Skyward Sword = best Zelda game? Bold claim but you've peaked my interest. 'Link To The Past' is far and away my favorite but, while I've played most of the Zelda games, I haven't played them all. The Minish Cap was fun as were the old Gameboy games but I wasn't a big fan of the new generation of games. How difficult have you found Skyward Sword so far?
Despite my somewhat premature claim on another thread that Final Fantasy III for the DS was fairly easy I just got CRUSHED by the final boss earlier today. My fear is that I've chosen the wrong job types and am going to have to do some grinding before going back for round two.
My claim so far. I haven't finished it and it is taking me longer now that I've stopped for Torchlight 2.

My personal favorite is Majora's Mask. The reason I say Skyward Sword is so good is that it seems to draw elements from previous games. The dungeons are large, innovative, and difficult. The Mines really made me think about the Inverted tower. When in the sky, it has the exploration like Wind Waker. The story is great. It parallels a lot of previous titles while being able to keep it fresh. It has that mysterious aspect about it the way Twilight Princess did. I can't find anything to dislike about it so far.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well I picked up FTL and yes, it's fantastic. Got it from the dev website so I could play in Linux, the game lengths are just right and fit my "now I can focus, now I have to drop everything and deal with stuff in real life".

Meanwhile, Borderlands 2 came out... and said "free time? i have something for that!"
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Bleh, I want to play Borderlands 2 so bad. I have it downloaded on steam but I haven't even installed it yet cause I don't have time.

Played it at a friend's house a while and it was great fun. Maybe next month I'll get a chance.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Playing Torchlight 2. Darn too good game to resist
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

XD still on BattleField 3 XD