Damnable Parties and Alcohol

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Straddon
Kid Goblin

Post by Straddon »

Well, it's roughly 48 hours after a rather intriguing night. A guy in my department had a party on Sunday night, and invited craploads of people. It started off with just a few, but ended up rather large. The night went rather well, and I ended up having a very entertaining (albeit drunken) discussion about literature, anatomical aesthetics, and the intellectual potential of the human being with a rather intriguing and attractive girl before I had to run to the bathroom (and then a few seconds later, to the garden) to eject the contents of my stomach. I apparently had mild alchohol poisoning (characterized by multi-minute dry-heaves after completely voiding my innards, and my inability to keep even water down). Worse yet, the guy who runs the camel rides at the Zoo vultured 'my' girl. Oh well. She did, apparently, puke on him after they made out for a short while while I myself was violently ill (I was building my way up to some mindless face-sucking with the girl as well - but was just too cautious and too slow), which makes things okay in my book.

I woke up the host's living room couch the following morning at about 4 am, only to end up rushing to the bathroom (to eject what little was left inside) twice between then and 6 am. Then, rather unexpectedly, my dad shows up and drives me home.

I end up going to work, though only for a few hours before becoming violently ill yet again. So I go home and sleep... for 20 hours.

Got through work today okay, and am thinking of behaving stupidly again very time soon (though perhaps not drinking as heavily)...

Meh. Thoughts incohesive, incoherent, and dull, swirling round and round (wheeeeee). Done.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Seth.. Err.. Straddon!

Ick... Alcohol is not a good thing to consume in large amounts. And I know exactly what you mean when you say about your stomach ejecting it's contents. The worst thing to do when you're really smashed is to panic. I did that once, thought I was going to die, and then threw up more then I could ever imagine.

Honestly, I never knew that the human stomach could hold that much.

And I know this is going to sound disgusting, so it's your own fault if you read it :p Rice is not a good thing to throw up. I did that a few weeks ago and had rice in my NOSE. Yes, it was disgusting.

Well, anyway, I'm glad you avoided the being vomitd on. I hope you feel better soon Straddon!
Makubesu
Blat

Post by Makubesu »

Woah, sounds pretty rough, hope you get over any side effects still left :
Straddon
Kid Goblin

Post by Straddon »

Heh. I keep getting "back on solid food?" and "feeling better?" jokes at work - not that I didn't deserve it, as I did end up drinking far more than even I thought possible. Still, it's taught me a thing or two about alcohol, things I'd apparently forgotten. One, I'm better off limiting my liquor intake, as it tends to sneak up on me and then pound me into submission with a sledgehammer as soon as I get comfortably drunk. Two, I'm not invincible, even given my physical stature and emotional control... I can still remember the dizziness and the difficulty in keeping my thoughts and speech separate (not that I said anything stupid - if anything I gain the ability to speak in a semi-articulate manner all the things I'd normally only think)...

To tell the truth, it's been nearly a week and I still feel a little off.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Yeah, I can relate with the sneaky drinks thing. I find premixed drinks do that to me, I'll be sitting atmy computer drinking, I'll stand up and BAM! The dizziness and ick takes over. I stick to mixing my own drinks, just buy a bottle of vodka and some flavored sodas to mix it with. Tasty indeed.

I often say things when I've had a few too many. It's usually how much I love my best friend, though :P
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Drinking is baaaad...... when it comes in large amounts!
I drink a lot when going out with friends, but i know my limit. know your limits or worse things can happen!