With the Remakes and the new World of Mana Project...

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

With the Sword of Mana remake and the new World of Mana project do you suppose we will see a GBA (or DS, I don't care at this point; I'll take anything) release of Secret of Mana and/or Seiken Densetsu 3? Really, it would only make sense for it to finally happen. (I'd also love to see a Chrono Trigger GBA release, but that is for a different forum I suppose.) What is your take/view on the matter?

Perhaps Square Enix is testing the waters to begin releasing a long running Seiken series. Who knows. I'm just speculating (hoping/wishing/dreaming) at this point in the game and keeping the boards alive. :cool:
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'd love to see a direct port of SD3 and SoM onto either a GBA cart or a DS cart, nothing new added, just a straight up port of it. Well, I guess they could edit it and make it so you could play it wirelessly with a few friends, but that's it.

I read somewhere that lots of people in Japan are trying to get FFA ported onto the DS? Wikipedia I think. That'd be cool.
I just want straight ports of the old games, no messing with them.

Man, who wouldn't love a portable LoM? I want that the most.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

As much as we would love to see some great ports, theres a slim chance of that happening anytime soon, since Square-Enix plans to hype Final Fantasy and milk it for everything it's worth...
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

I'd love for SD3 to port to ds and possibly use wireless to play with 3 guys, but the problem is they'd probably edit all the swearing and *gasp* sexual connotations, (anyone else wanna get locked in Jad with Angela? :cool: ) so we probably won't see it, but hey, we can dream...
Last edited by Hero of Spirits on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Duran wrote:As much as we would love to see some great ports, theres a slim chance of that happening anytime soon, since Square-Enix plans to hype Final Fantasy and milk it for everything it's worth...
I've noticed that. Damn who do you have to blackmail in order to get a portable SoM and SD3 around here...I mean....ummm...er...did I just say that out loud? I meant who do you have to kil...er...brib...uh...petition to get a porting of SoM and SD3? Yes...that is exactly what I meant.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

dude...I joined a petition with another forum to bring another S-E game stateside...

The answer we got from P.R. was: "We'll consider it..." Most likely, theyre going to be that way with Seiken 3 as well...
Last edited by Duran on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I dunno about you guys but I've signed petitions about this kind of stuff so many times, I mean I've made up well over 170 different names and signed these...
I mean. I found 170 friends and got them to sign the petitions. Right.

Anyways, I don't think the petitions really do much, but it's nice to imagine sometimes.

Though it did work for Family Guy and Futurama...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

You need a good couple of thousand signatures to make a petition even moderately weighty though. That's the thing, they're not going to do something for the sake of a couple of hundred, it has to be in the thousands at least, and then they need the confidence that other people out there who haven't signed are going to be thinking the same.

And since it's hard to get everyone to sign the same petition and such, advertise it... it sadly seldom gets anywhere. But everything is worth a try.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

This is the kind of thing that's almost better to be passed around at, say, a convention of some sort, rather than to just have it limited to online stuff. Then again it's always been hard (up until recently anyway) to find another die-hard Mana fan like myself for the purposes of signing this kind of thing. I think I know why, too; it's the lack of televised (or otherwise) advertising. Notice how big a response S-E got about the stuff they actually *did* put on the air?
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Amen.

Though if I ever make it to a convention I know what I'm going to do. :-)
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Sheexy wrote:I dunno about you guys but I've signed petitions about this kind of stuff so many times, I mean I've made up well over 170 different names and signed these...
I mean. I found 170 friends and got them to sign the petitions. Right.

Anyways, I don't think the petitions really do much, but it's nice to imagine sometimes.

Though it did work for Family Guy and Futurama...
I actually signed a petition with literally thousands of signatures...and the response from S-E was "We'll think about it"

And the reason why Family Guy and Futurama were granted because the creators like to hear from fans...as you can see, S-E doesnt care, as long as people are buying FFVII: Cloud Eats Breakfast...
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Duran wrote:And the reason why Family Guy and Futurama were granted because the creators like to hear from fans...as you can see, S-E doesnt care, as long as people are buying FFVII: Cloud Eats Breakfast...
Much like Midway. (Those Bastards!)
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Yeah companies are ignoring their fans to be money-grubbing whores...
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Duran wrote:Yeah companies are ignoring their fans to be money-grubbing whores...
YEAH!! Like Midway! (Sorry I had a bad experience with Mortal Kombat Armageddon -worst MK ever! But I was able to trade it for Children of Mana and Onimusha 2!!) Stupid Midway.
Sene
Mushboom

Post by Sene »

I'd be thrilled if they would re-release Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 for the Game Boy Advance. A non-rom English version of SD3 would be awesome, and hanheld = even better. Then I'd run out in the street and yell "GO GO NINTENDO" and go back inside. Seriously.