Mana Series XBMC Skin

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Hey guys, I am currently working on an XBMC skin for modded xbox's and those that will be using the program in Windows, Linux, etc. I have been having a very hard time with it thusfar as their is no program for making skins, and it is a lot of manually configuring files. There is also 0 documentation at this point. Now, I do have a few things, and have a few things in mind for the future, first I'll start with a very simply mockup that I made. Note, my current plans are a bit different.

Now, I would like to change the background to the Mana tree, though most of it will be obscured, something lush and green fits Mana better, than that old paper look. Then, where the Rabite is, I want to have Chibi characters from teh various games doing related things, so if you are on the games screen, you may see Duran playing gameboy, the Video screen could have Randi and Purim watching a movie, the Music screen could have someone jamming to a boombox. So on and so forth. I want the game icons to be backed by a piece of parchment, curling at the top and bottom. Ah well, most of this stuff is not a big concern as I have yet to get anywhere with the skin itself thusfar.

Now, I also made icons for all the games playable on the Xbox, and then I made a Children of Mana one by accident (I have no idea how, I kinda blanked out)

Well, I'll keep posting my progress, hopefully it'll turn out, and if it does, I'll post up pictures of my Mana Xbox in action for you.

Later,
Lotus
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

cool man!
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Oh wow, those are very awesome.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wow,

I'm such a newbie that I don't really know what this is all about, but it sure looks cool!

Peace,

manaman
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Is is for launching emulatoed games on a modded Xbox using Xbox Media Center (XBMC), however, in the future when the ports for Windows, Linux and Mac OS become more stable, they will also work for those.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Oh!

Well, that's cool. No wonder I don't know what XBMC is since I have barely ever played an Xbox before.

I'd be interested in this on the ol' Windows-based PC,

manaman
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Anyways, this totally did not work out in any way shape or form, Sheexy, if you would like you may add these to the gallery or find some other use for them you are welcome to do so.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

sounds intresting. I wish you luck.
DesertReaper
Kid Goblin

Post by DesertReaper »

Oh I do hope it does work out for you. That would be very interesting. I suck badly at doing anything technological. T_T