Streaming Radio

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Does anyone else here listen to streaming radio, and if so, what do you listen to?

In my case I used to use Pandora all the time, but since they are now limited to where they can broadcast I can't get them (OK, I could PROBABLY circumvent it, but it is hassle). It's actually a service I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for (read as "not as much as Microsoft would want to charge me for something this good").

So now one that I probably frequent most is Ormgas, which is the official radio station for our friends over at OCRemix (who provide a lot of the remixes on this site, and just for that you should check them out). They've recently moved, and their new format includes requests and voting... which is nice. For me it makes for easy listening and varied genres.

If you're interested in Anime music and J-Pop, Kawaii Radio does the trick.

And then there's Otto's Baroque for classical.

Other than that, I tend not to listen to much in the way of pop or rock, mainly because I haven't found a station that caters to my needs in that respect.

And while I'm at it, weirdest station I've found so far (and I'm not linking) is 24/7 Rudolph, which I found by mistake and plays Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer 24 hours a day!
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I haven't much lately, mostly because I'm often not listening to music on the computer. However, I still have a Last.FM account.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Last.fm is your personal music station ^_^
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

http://www.animenfo.com/radio/ does the anime magic

besides that I listen to Digitally Imported stations sometimes and also to a swedish radio station
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I was once listening to a radio which broadcasted all the old-skool RPG music.
Now i have an ipod.. hihihi :P
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Kyatto wrote:I was once listening to a radio which broadcasted all the old-skool RPG music.
Now i have an ipod.. hihihi :P
ipod is great, but i dont use it because im already always sitting in front of the computer so its always streaming. and also not same music :D
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I don't listen to streamed radio mostly because I have thousands of songs on my computer that I listen too. And of course I don't have constant internet access so...
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

I'm a bandwidth-whore, and despise streaming-audio.
I always find the quality to be absolute shite, not to mention the "DJ's" always seem to play the same repetitive, monotonous-crap I hear day in and day out on my local radio.

Give me a good ol' news talk-radio anyday, and I'm a happy camper.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

NPR listener myself (KPCC to be exact, but most of my fix is on weekends), although I do enjoy a PBS spinoff of an NPR show.
Kassidy wrote:If you're interested in Anime music and J-Pop, Kawaii Radio does the trick.
Oh, GAWD. If I went there, I know I'll max out my card on playasia imports.
Kassidy wrote:And then there's Otto's Baroque for classical.
That reminds me, I should go look for a KUSC shoutcast.