IM

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Okay, so I've been trying to get Instant Messengers lately and for some reason it seems to be the most impossible thing i've ever tried to do. I've been tryng to get MSN messenger right? So I download it and I sign up for it and this and that and that and this. Okay. So I try signing in finally. Oh! I need a MSN update. Okay. So I download that. Oh! Now I need a Windows Update. Okay, whatever, what next? So I go to the website to get that. OH!!! Now I need a stupid little ActiveX thing to get that. So at this point I'm ready to blitz. My eyes are turning red my mouths foaming. I almost turn into one of those thing on 28 Days Later, but I calm myself down. So now to why I posted this. I just want to know if it is possible to get an IM without having to download and install 99999999999 different programs in my computer.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Pidgin ftw :)
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

Alot of people swears by Pidgin that I know.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I use Kopete myself, but Pidgin looks promising. Might just check it out. Used to use Trillian when using Windoze.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Personally, I use Pidgin. Historically, I've used aMSN. Mercury is a fun little client to bend and twist at your own desire, for different themes and addon's that just make things 'fun'. Kopete is fun to use when your in a Linux environment.
There's quite a bit of different alternative clients that can be used, it comes down for what you need it to do, and what operating system you're using.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Skype!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

MSN messenger is now Windows Live Messenger. But I understand your problem. first you need to download an installer, then download the messenger. but i dont remember downloading active x stuff

pidgin is good
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Well... I use Windows Live Messenger... and like deques said, for me was the same actually. You download the WLInstaller... and the installer downloads WLM (MSN) and auto install.

What I love about MSN is not the program itself... but the add-on MSN Plus! that application rocks.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah, Pidgin just so easily takes care of everything. ^_^
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Okay! Thanks everyone. I got the Windows Live Messenger and yeah that was my problem. I'll have to try that Pidgin out sometime definitely. And thanks again, because you saved me alot of stress and anger and rage.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey there,

Pidgin is a wonderful program and one that I use in Windows. Now that I've got a Mac, however, I've found Adium to be absolutely wonderful! Just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone is using a Mac.

Peace,

manaman
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I have to say though I would like to try the new Trillian Astra. I remember signing up for the Alpha testing, but I didn't get picked. Felt like that last kid standing during picks for kickball teams. ;_:

XD