Games are serious business for Apple

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

missyjean130
Eye Spy

Post by missyjean130 »

the look of the product doesnt concern me much. I have a sandisc mp3 player.While it doesn't have a fancy touch pad and such,it's durable (even went through the washing machine!) and it holds a lot. In my book,it's better than iPods.

Same with macs,they look nice...but I can have a friend build me a godly gaming computer for under 1k.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ailise wrote:iPod Touch works amazingly great. I have tried many touchscreen, I even got the Nokia N95 right before the Touch and what is so great about Apple is the simplicity they have. Not so much fuzz and it works great.
So I gladly pay few extra bucks for an iPod.
Hey,

I guess I would agree with this in response to the two comments before Ailise's. I don't intend to convert any of you by any means. I never would have believed it if you had told me a couple years ago I would be championing Apple. The thing is, as much as there are gripes you--and, believe me, I--have against Apple, they do know how to make a quality piece of hardware, robust software that integrates perfectly with their hardware and aesthetically pleasing products of both hardware and software.

For me, I find having a computer made of aluminum and glass far exceeds having one made of plastic.

So, I guess, bias or not, I would just put out there that quality of craftsmanship should not be one of the reasons for not liking Apple. Quirks in design preferences, rights restrictive digital rights management and sky high costs should be mentioned. Quality of the product should not.

One more thing that is sort of straying from the original intent of this post (that was, to talk about gaming in light of Apple's recent release of a mobile gaming unit): I personally think a perfect world would find a union between Apple and Microsoft in their OS designs. I do feel that there are some features that are present in Microsofts OS that would be very welcome in Apple's. As you could probably guess, I think that Apple's OS has A LOT it could offer to Microsoft. :)

But, just my thoughts,

manaman