[warning-spoilers] Avatar - three seasons

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Hey Seikens.

I have recently finished watching Avatar (the last airbender).
Is anyone else who has watched this?
I think the series are great and have watched everything.

Before i want to spoil anything, is there anyone who has watched Avatar and has viewd all episodes?

.... since i was a bit disappointed about the end......-__
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

isnt avatar an anime from the states?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I ended up seeing most of it.
I hated the art style but the story wasn't too terrible, I thought they did a good job with character development especially.

The ending seriously was a cop out, wasn't it?
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Sheexy wrote:I ended up seeing most of it.
I hated the art style but the story wasn't too terrible, I thought they did a good job with character development especially.

The ending seriously was a cop out, wasn't it?
Yes it was..
First stretching the overal story over two and a half series, then finishing everything off in four episodes......
DesertReaper
Kid Goblin

Post by DesertReaper »

I actually liked the art style. It's own uniqueness I guess to say. I did watch most of the last season of it. But I haven't had the chance to see the last few episodes. I think I got to ep. 53 I believe.
Aurora_Borealis
BuzzBee

Post by Aurora_Borealis »

Yeah, I watched every episode. It was pretty good, and yeah, I know how you feel, I was deeply disappointed about the ending as well... I was like "Oh SH**! Aang's just gonna beat the living hell out of Ozai with all that avatar stuff flying around him!" Then 5 minutes... Aang says "No, I won't end it like this [cause I'm a panzy]." Then he takes away his firebending, seriously, what the hell were the makers thinking? I know it can't be violent since it's a kids show, but c'mon, show some kind of non-violent sign that Aang killed Ozai... like a shadow for instance or something!... And Zukko never found his mom, that pissed me off too, he just asks his dad who's in jail where she is and that's it, it cuts to Aang kissing Katara (like I spend my time wanting to watch this garbage than bothering with what happens to the characters that I actually LIKE!).
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

I've seen about half the episodes, they were pretty good.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Kyatto - In the title for the thread you could just put "WARNING - SPOILERS" and people will know that spoilers lie within. P:

In the beginning I felt the series was a little shaky, but it was cute so I kept watching. My biggest problem was the part in the middle when Zuko defects and goes back to the Fire Nation. I mean, I know people are flawed and all... but they made such a HUGE DEAL about him fighting off this symbolic sickness and him recovering his spirit from his obsession of hunting Aang and his "honor"... only to have him change his mind back within the span of half an episode (if that).
Also, wasn't there some rule about if Aang dies in the Avatar state that the connection to the other Avatars would be broken and there would never be another Avatar? If this is the case, then why was he able to contact the past avatars near the end of the series when in the defect!Zuko episode he pulled a Buffy on us? Granted, I haven't really been able to get myself to sit through the series a second time (save for an episode here and there), so I could be missing something.

The animation of the martial arts as the series came to a close was really quite gorgeous. It gave me quite the art-hard on. :B
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

@sheexy... yeah, the problem is that M. Night Shyamalan is making this one. I'm not expecting much.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ailise wrote:I'm not expecting much.
I'm expecting a huge twist ending. :P

Doubt I'll watch this though, I can't imagine it turning out good.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Yeah, the twist is that none of the actors are Asian. >>
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

NightshadeTea wrote:Kyatto - In the title for the thread you could just put "WARNING - SPOILERS" and people will know that spoilers lie within.
fixed!

i didn't knew a movie was coming.
For what type of audience (age) will it be made, since it is directed by Shyamalan ?