Live Action Videogame Character Ideas

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

OK, so we've had several (and sometimes severely failing) live action representations of Video Games over the years, such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and the Mario Brothers, and more recently Silent Hill, DOA and Max Payne. In some cases, actors chosen have fit the bill (Mila Jovovich in Resident Evil) and others not so much (Christopher Lambert in Mortal Kombat).

Anyway, I was thinking this morning who would be good to play a particular role in mind, and figured we could make a topic out of this, see what other ideas y'all come up with.

For Megaman: The Movie, I'd put forward Brian Blessed (Prince Vultan from Flash Gordon, Old Deuteronomy in the musical Cats, to name a few) as Dr. Thomas Light. Maybe a bit too tall, but the beard and booming voice make up for it.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I always thought Arnold Schwarzenegger would've been a good role for Duke Nukem if they ever came out with a movie of the game. His accent isn't the same but he has the look.

I think this is a good topic idea. It really got me thinking. I'll probably post some more if I think of any others.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

They already have screwed Mega Man

:heart:

hmm, there isnt any a rabite with a broken heart

doesnt Roll looks like a transvestite?
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

rofl!!!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Heh,

That's all rather unfortunate. . . . Ha ha! But the wife, listening to the audio only, thought that it was for a real movie! :)

Pretty bad if you disregard some of the acting/environments.

Peace,

manaman
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Deques wrote:They already have screwed Mega Man
Not the first time either...

As fan efforts they're good, but at the end of the day, it's going to be VERY hard to have a convincing Megaman character. Warwick Davis in his younger years, maybe. Either that or he'd have to be CGI'd, which would be a bit of a cop-out of this whole topic.

And yes, that Roll... er... I'm thinking it's the hair doesn't match her face. And the "That's co coooooool!" line is a bad attempt at portrayal of stereotype. Too exhagerated, IMO. (/me admits that at first view of the trailer, he shared Dekky's opinion)

But, it is a fan-film, so good on them for putting the time and effort in to making it. I'm interested in the end result.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

They're going to make a Gears of War movie, and the only obvious choice for Marcus Fenix is John Travolta straight out of Wild Hogs:

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ha ha ha,

That's disturbing! I had no idea they look so similar. And they are really making a movie? Am I just gullible or not paying attention?

Peace,

manaman
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Deques wrote:http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/ ... egaman.jpg

They already have screwed Mega Man

:heart:

hmm, there isnt any a rabite with a broken heart

doesnt Roll looks like a transvestite?
http://megamanfilm.com/images/images_pa ... ill006.jpg
The only way they could ever pull of a megaman moviw would to do Rockuman exe, mostlikely.................
But those actors sucked............... x(