SOM - Level 9 sword.

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Is there another way to get the Level 9 sword in Secret of Mana with out doing that glitch? I've heard that you can get the orb in the Mana Fortress but I've never came across it.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I've heard of it dropping very very VERY rarely in the Mana Fortress, but no one has ever said which enemy drops it.
Never seen that happen myself, I've always had to go through the glitch.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Glitch only. Enemy drop is a rumour, I'm afraid.

Trust me, I'm a doctor...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Mana Sword is so holy that you have to trick the game to give it to you.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Man, why do you guys have to keep talking about Secret of Mana so much. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms and I'm really wanting to play it again. I'll have to ask my brother to borrow his SNES and SoM.

As for this Lv 9 sword, I've never heard of it. But then again I'm not all real knowledgeable about SoM. I've always just played it and finished it. I'm not sure of any side things there are to do on it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

There is a level 9 orb for every weapon in the Mana Fortress except for the sword. You don't really need the level 9 sword but it's a big help.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

It is awesome against normal baddies, but for some reason it won't work for me against the Mana Beast when I use this trick, anyone else have that problem?

If I want to kill the Mana Beast after using the glitch I have to charge up my sword to level 8 before I can even think about doing damage, and then it's only like 500.

As opposed to if you get it the normal way and you can swing and slash however you want and do 300+ even for a normal hit.

Maybe it's just my cart?
Questor
Rabite

Post by Questor »

If memory serves, you actually get the level 9 sword temporarily when you cast the mana magic on it. I think the graphic in the ring menu will even show this, but its been a while.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

My snes battery died when I got too the manabeat D: IDK why my game platforms hate me....