Dragonball:The Movie

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

If you've never seen the anime, is it worth a view?
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

manaman wrote:If you've never seen the anime, is it worth a view?
I'm going to say this. I've been reluctant to watch it until just recently.

It's a decent action movie NAMED "Dragonball"

Overall the plot made little sense, but the action sequences were at least good. To a DB Fan, there are a LOT of things to nitpick at.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

"Decent action movie" sounds like something to splurge on. I'm in that mood. However, I think I'll wait until this one comes on video. ;)

Thanks,

manaman
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

I´m curious to watch it!!! I just had no courage to watch Chun Li yet, hahahaha
Boo the Gentleman Caller
Lullabud

Post by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

It honestly wasn't bad... But it honestly wasn't that great, either. It was a nice self indulgence.

I'd say see it whether you've watched Dragonball / Dragonball Z / Dragonball GT or not. It basically follows the Piccalo Saga from Dragon Ball. It doesn't have an especially strong plot, but then again, neither dig Dragon Ball in my opinion. What made Dragon Ball fun was the over-the-top action sequences - both with the anime and the movie.

Worth a see.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Boo the Gentleman Caller wrote:It honestly wasn't bad... But it honestly wasn't that great, either. It was a nice self indulgence.

I'd say see it whether you've watched Dragonball / Dragonball Z / Dragonball GT or not. It basically follows the Piccalo Saga from Dragon Ball. It doesn't have an especially strong plot, but then again, neither dig Dragon Ball in my opinion. What made Dragon Ball fun was the over-the-top action sequences - both with the anime and the movie.

Worth a see.
Not really...I thought that it took the original story and turned it upside down. There were so many things to nitpick at.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

I think I'll give it a go on video--like I said. And speaking of Chun Li, I still haven't seen her movie. I was meaning to and just didn't get around to it. I heard it wasn't terrible. Just pretty goofy.

Peace,

manaman
peaches
Rabite

Post by peaches »

I watched the movie for the hilarity of it and not the action of it. I am a really hardcore fan of DBZ so i had to watch it and it pissed me off with what they did to DB but, eh, what can i expect from a movie about an anime/manga.
Koeia
BuzzBee

Post by Koeia »

..only the dragonballs (the cg prop) looked good to me. Picolo looked ugly.. unlike in the comics where he's a handsome alien. XD
the rest of the movie was pretty much forbidden kingdom like.
except forbidden kingdom was nice.