Finding all the Impure Gems in CoM

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Aurora_Borealis
BuzzBee

Post by Aurora_Borealis »

Dutch Samurai wrote:うはwwwwww! No I know about the benevodons. The creatures I was talking about were minor enemies. I remember they gave about 10 experience points (as opposed to the normal 2 of the other monsters). They basically looked like one-eyed ogres or possibly trolls that shoot lasers from their eye. But thank you for the link. I love the artwork. I'll probably do some CoM fanart at some point.

*starts procrastination process... Now!*

**EDIT** Ah I found it, Sheexy! You reference them here. They are elemental cyclops.

*continues procrastinating*
You can do that...or you can do what I do... Keep on picking up subquests from Dud Services to go to Star Lake. Topple has the most black monsters in the game, or at least that's what I've discovered, (the black crabs). They can be found in 3 places every time you go into a new zone, that is if the zone includes the places. There's one on the very bottom that leads into a small path going to the left. It's guarded by 2 columns of spikes, then 2 columns of those weeds that grab onto you and take you time to get through. There should be chests there and a black crab always spawns there (but obviously only once in a zone).

There's another where, to the very right of a particular room, it's covered on both sides by multiple foot-grabbing weeds with a single chest. A black crab spawns there too.

And the last one that I know of is the black crab that spawns in this one particular room, let me desribe it. It branches out into multiple rooms. The left path then takes you to a fork, north or south. South usually has the Gleamwell, and the North is covered by a row of spikes and monsters. Now going back to before taking the left route, there is one that branches North into just a simple dead end with monsters. Then going back, there's one that goes East, covered by the foot-grabbing weeds and there's multiple chests there, a black crab spawns at the very bottom corner of that small dead end.

---> If my descriptions weren't very clear, I'm sorry. Just simply take Dud subquests to Star Lake and kill every monster and explore every room in the zone (except the final zone, the final zone to "Kill All Monsters" never has a black crab). Basically I just kept doing this and I hit level 99 with 999,999 Lucre (100,000 US Dollars) :P The black monsters give you a spot on 1 level if you kill one, even at level 90+. It's the only way I really leveled up.

Oh yeah, and if theres no subquests to Star Lake, pick up another subquest with the least amount of zones, finish it up, and look again, the list will be changed, hence giving another chance for a Star Lake subquest.

-> One more thing (sorry for the long post), Kassidy might know what I'm talking about for the black crabs in the multiple dead ends in Star Lake, I'm sure he's better at explaining things than I am (hence his FAQ helped a lot!)...

EDIT: Hey Dutch, I found Budding Artificer in a chest in the Ruins, just from doing a quest from Dud Services. Just an F.Y.I. in case you haven't found it already.
Last edited by Aurora_Borealis on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.