Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Two words.

Shared Memory.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Enslaven00bs wrote:My laptop can run pretty much any game you throw at it but I just recently purchased it.
What about Crysis? XD
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Faalstar wrote:Two words.

Shared Memory.
Two words: Dedicated GPU.

At least, on Sager's notebooks.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Kyatto wrote:Sorry for the blurry photo's.
simple ugly speakers and headset.
you spend way too much money on the computer, you should at least spend some gs in high end speakers ^^
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Thanx Deques!

But i do not care about sound. That may be stupid i know. Just normal stereo sound is good for me. I really hate it when someone else is bothering me with their ipod, mp3 player or cellphone. Also someone else in another room with loud sound annoys me.
I do not want to be like that, so i do not have any subwoofer or 5.1 to 8.1 soundsystem. And i really really do not care that much as long as there is no noise or creakingnoise hearable.

The visual does bother me. therefore i game in 1920x1200 with 16xAA and all games should run smoothly.

Rather being deaf than blind, ay?
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I can agree on that. A while ago I bought new speakers for my computer (because the old ones were starting to sound their age; 15 years or so). The biggest drawback is that they have some sort of built-in bass amplification, which means I have to keep the volume low for fear of waking the neighbors. Not that I normally turn it loud or anything, only rarely for a really good song.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Magus_Melchior wrote:
Faalstar wrote:Two words.

Shared Memory.
Two words: Dedicated GPU.

At least, on Sager's notebooks.
I even had to google whom Sager was.
Impressive.
I'm actually REALLY impressed with the NAND Flash memory they've thrown into a few of these, less enthralled about the biometric finger-printer scanner (imo, fugly).

But on most conventional, mainstream, "multi-function/media" notebook companies, You'll never see it. Ever.

Besides, I be would be more worried about the solder points from the heat those things would generate.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

I wouldn't call Sager's notebooks "laptops" for a very obvious reason, but they would be a great alternative to a LAN party rig, IMO. Just bring a big hunk of aluminum (half-sheet jelly roll pan, for example) to keep from setting the table on fire.

As for the fingerprint scanner, I'll agree that it's silly on gaming notebooks, even if they are high-value targets for thieves.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well gee guys, don't make this topic totally suck. :P