Sketching out of boredom

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

I don't have much time to comment as I have a bunch of homework, however, I wanted to pop by and say these are quite lovely, but can improve in a few ways.

The legs. I, for one, am a big fan of sexy lady legs. Show us them gams! You draw their legs very straight. There are muscles in the thigh and calf that make legs nice and curvy. there's a wonderful flow to the newer picture, everything with wonderful detail... then you get to the legs and it's rather disappointed (to be perfectly honest).

I love the improvement of the female torso in the newer picture in comparison with the older ones. I love that you gave her hips and a reasonably sized waist. The detail is fantastic. I'd love to see some of these cleaned up, inked, and perhaps even colored. ;D
Etsura
Kid Goblin

Post by Etsura »

rozovian wrote:Interested in doing some album artwork for the upcoming ocremix sd3 album?
I'd be honored to~ :love:
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Etsura, that Riesz came out really great!

I'm going to have to echo NightshadeTea though and say something about the legs feels off.
Like she said, they could use some shaping. But also I think they may be a tad bit too long, or at least much too large down near the ankles.

Also you should really avoid leaving feet off the edge of the page. :P To me it detracts from the "wholeness" of the piece, and some people view it as being lazy, or hiding something you have trouble drawing.

Great picture though, in all other regards it's really great!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmm,

I actually think you would have been better off to make the legs make a straight taper completely (no attempts at lines to suggest the knee or any curves in the leg) and make them just vanish off the edge of the paper--a very stylistic finish that gives the viewer a chance to imagine the rest of the image while the sunburst you drew around the bottom of the page would get a little more attention. That's attention which it deserves because it gives that stained-glass look I like so much.

I guess that's just one more idea. I definitely think you could go the other route, as well. You decide,

manaman
Etsura
Kid Goblin

Post by Etsura »

Thank you all for your opinions and critiques ;* I'm sure it will help with my future work!
Sheexy wrote:Also you should really avoid leaving feet off the edge of the page. :P To me it detracts from the "wholeness" of the piece, and some people view it as being lazy, or hiding something you have trouble drawing.
I don't like it either, but I simply ran out of paper -_-; I started drawing from the eye and didn't really do any outlining. But it's also true that I'm not good at drawing legs...
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

Nice drawings. I like the Flammie sketch at the end, Flammie is awesome.
Last edited by DarthDude on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.