Square-Enix // The Last Remnant

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Anyone played this Square-Enix game?

I have just.. erhm... acquired the game for the PC and it's.. it's... good.
The game is an RPG.
I do not use the keyboard, but the old gaming pad. It seems you can use an XboX 360 controller as well....

I have a WarCraft III and FF9 feeling about this game. Strange creatures and nice special effects. Buying weapons and selling stuff, obvious evil characters and hot girls.
The more body you see, the better the grade of protection (right, RPG fanatics?)

anyway,
in 1920x1200 running smoothly. I see so-called PhysX files in the installation folder, but need to find out how and what. Got all settings high.

Things i don't like about the game? The voice actors are not fitted for the characters they present. Terra, Tifa, Garnet and Yuna would turn in their graves.... it's horrible.
Second, i'm not used to the controls yet, but that would be my problem, right?

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

The game was so bad on the 360 it's partly to blame why the PS3 version hasn't been released yet. In fact, there are rumors that the PS3 port of TLR has been cancelled because of that and lukewarm responses on the PC market as well.

The 360 version is plagued with frame rate dips and apparently can be quite slow to respond and glitchy in general, and being that it is even harder to develop and tweak a title for the PS3 than the 360 or a PC I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version never sees the light of day.

I only tried a friends copy and I'm glad I did. I was half-tempted to purchase it, but I certainly won't ever do that now. It isn't really my type of game to begin with, but it certainly isn't when it comes to the 360 version.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

That last screen shot looks like Final Fantasy XII.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

What style fighting?
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

turn based, but you are able to select which group you want to attack.
It is kind of complicated.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

oh...... >:3 That remind sme off a game I tryed a couple days ago.......
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I think it looks good. I watched a review of it on GT and it looks better than what I thought it would.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Not to necropost but I picked up a copy for the 360 and it's not that bad. I like the battle system. If you can get past the dropped frames in battle and the frequent 'tip of the day' loading scene, it's a really good game. Seeing as this game is a 2-disc rpg it'll probably take me a while to finish it.

I agree with the voice acting. It's like they have no emotion at all... Except Emma who seems to be pissed off at the world for no reason.

I think it's funny how they call David 'Dah-Vead'.