New Zelda FINALLY!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Anise wrote:I mean.... I think Midna just leaving like that was cuellllllllllll...........
So whats link suppose to do now?
Live a quite life as a ranch helper? Marry Iilia? I think not..........
They need to create a sequal for sure!
SPOILER ALERT
Those who haven't finished Twilight Princess ignore my post.

Ganondorf loses the Triforce of Power and dies at the end. I think Link also puts the master sword back too(I have to watch the ending again so I may be wrong). So, a direct sequel to Twilight Princess would be hard to make. As much as I love Twilight Princess and would love to see another like it I just don't think it's going to happen soon. If it does happen it won't be a direct squeal.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

The thing is, I feel that the cel-shaded Zelda appeals to a large population of players while the more "realistic" Zelda appeals to another large population. Then there are some, myself included who love both. I'm thrilled because I do believe Phantom Hourglass was one of my favorite DS experiences and I want to see more like it.

If this isn't your cup of tea, wait for it--Nintendo will bring a more realistic Zelda game out soon. Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Well,

The thing is, I feel that the cel-shaded Zelda appeals to a large population of players while the more "realistic" Zelda appeals to another large population. Then there are some, myself included who love both. I'm thrilled because I do believe Phantom Hourglass was one of my favorite DS experiences and I want to see more like it.

If this isn't your cup of tea, wait for it--Nintendo will bring a more realistic Zelda game out soon. Peace,

manaman
I didn't say Phantom Hourglass was a bad game. I agree on it being one of the best DS games. I'm just saying that to the Zelda franchise it doesn't hold up.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I see. I don't know. I think it did.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Ailise wrote:
Magus_Melchior wrote:@Enslaven00bs: The DS touchscreen is pretty far from, say, an iPhone touchscreen--
Yeah, the problem here is that Apple has bought the multi-touch and patent it and doesn't license it.
Which sucks if you ask me.
Most touch screen tech out there is based on the old tech, as the new tech is kinda Apple exclusive so far.

I know Microsoft is developing their own kind of multi-touch with pressure sensor (of course MS has to fight Apple by default, they can't lose xD ), I don't know if it is used on their Surface.
Actually, a number of smartphones have "capacitive" touchscreens like Apple's. I didn't mean "multitouch", but I meant "accurate touch". The DS uses a resistive touchscreen like the old Palm Pilot series, which is pretty dated and not very accurate, but dirt cheap.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

You know, i never had problems with control on Phantom Hourglass. I think they are fine to tell the truth.

I confess i prefer the "realistic" style. OoT will always be my best game ever, i loved Majoras and TP was just badass. But a Zelda game is a zelda game, and i´ll always celebrate it (as long as i can play it of course hehe). I´m still disapointed, but i think Nintendo will evenmtually create a new Zelda for Wii.... they cannot be such bastards as to ONLY keep making silly minigames for wii (there are some cool mature game, but it´s still a joke)........
Wiiman
BuzzBee

Post by Wiiman »

Enslaven00bs wrote:Those who haven't finished Twilight Princess ignore my post.

Ganondorf loses the Triforce of Power and dies at the end. I think Link also puts the master sword back too(I have to watch the ending again so I may be wrong). So, a direct sequel to Twilight Princess would be hard to make. As much as I love Twilight Princess and would love to see another like it I just don't think it's going to happen soon. If it does happen it won't be a direct squeal.
Well, yeah...
A direct probably couldn't happen but look at Majora's Mask. It wasn't a direct sequel, but a sequel none the less. It took more of a "side adventure to the big picture" feel. So it could still be possible, but it would have to be something really different.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Wiiman wrote:
Enslaven00bs wrote:Those who haven't finished Twilight Princess ignore my post.

Well, yeah...
A direct probably couldn't happen but look at Majora's Mask. It wasn't a direct sequel, but a sequel none the less. It took more of a "side adventure to the big picture" feel. So it could still be possible, but it would have to be something really different.
Yeah and changing the formula is a big dice roll so that's why I see it not happening.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I like both.

As in storyline i love TP and liks awakening.

As in gameplay i love windwaker and Phantom of the hourglass

as in graphics I love them all!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Anise wrote:I like both.

As in storyline i love TP and liks awakening.

As in gameplay i love windwaker and Phantom of the hourglass

as in graphics I love them all!
My favorites were the 2D ones. I'm a huge fan of the Oracles and Link's Awakening. They blew me away with Minish Cap. With out A Link to the Past Zelda today wouldn't be the same.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

true true.Ive actually never beaten Link to the past. *shock*I love the orcal games! They were my first GameBoy Advance. I loved those games!
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

They've been working on the Wii and this DS one simultaneously (two separate teams).

So don't worry, the new Wii Zelda game will follow in about a year after this.

This game looks great. And I LOVED Phantom Hourglass. I had no issue with the controls at all. I thought they were great.

But I prefer the games that actually have something to do with the traditional Zelda formula of Master Sword/Triforce/Ganon. Everything else to me gets regulated to "really good fluff" unfortunately.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Whoa, thx for the good news Bastian!! Hope you´re right!!
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I dont have a Wii soo.............
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah bastian,

Thank you so much. I like hearing someone who appreciates the controls of Phantom Hourglass. Oh, and I didn't know that there was a Wii game in development! I don't know where I've been but this is exciting!

Peace,

manaman